No announcement yet.

Hill Country WT - WTH??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet she was piled up in some thick brush and you walked past her or not quite to her.

Comment

Originally posted by FamousAmos View Post
      I bet she was piled up in some thick brush and you walked past her or not quite to her.
      This is all I can come up with after looking at that shot. Looks almost perfect. I have never lost one with a shot like that but you shoot a lot more animals than I do!~

Comment

Touch back...she’s dead though. The buck I shot this year was an almost identical location with the exact broadhead...he went 542 yards, zero blood after a few drops from initial pass through. Gave the deer 16 hours, took an hour to find with 2 people and like I said, 542 yards from impact. Not much you can do, it’s bow hunting

Comment

Boy, that's tough. I'd have thought she was deader than a doornail. Maaaaaybe you hit a touch back and only got liver and a lung?

I'm betting she found a brush pile and is dead somewhere close.

Comment

Too far back

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
              Did you have a dog or call for one?
              No and no

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
              Man that stinks! Looks perfect to me. She was slightly and I mean slightly quartering away. Were you a few feet right of the camera? Unreal. I would think you would have double lung her.
              Arrow left the blind about 2’ to the right of the camera.

Again, I’d buy any of y’all’s ideas cus I just don’t know.

Comment

To me that looks like the point of impact is at the dot with the nock swing around to the x with it quartering way. Maybe hit the opposite side shoulder with the arrow possibly plugging the hole leading to the lack of blood? I slowed it down as much as my phone would let me and i looks like a good shot.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Better it’s further back than most think. Liver/stomach.

Comment

Working...
                  X