Smoky Mountains Natl Park?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoky Mountains Natl Park?

We spent almost a week in Pigeon Forge back in November, over the Thanksgiving holiday. We did all the touristy stuff, Ober Gatlinburg, drove through Cades Crossing, Ripleys Aquarium, wax museums....all if it. The best meals we had were at Old Mill in Pigeon Forge. If you do go into the Nat’l Park, keep you head on a swivel. Theres quite a few if these boys hanging around. And dont try to be a hero like this lady, had to be the dumbest thing Ive ever seen someone do around a wild animal.

Comment

When my brothers and I went, we were there for the white-water kayaking. We hit the Chatooga, Ocoee, and Nantahala- incredible water.

Comment

It will be there again in early May. My son attends college in Maryville and will be graduating Saturday May 4th. Gonna take a few days to enjoy it. It's beautiful Country

Comment

Make sure you get a PLB- Personal Locator Beacon, don't leave the group. And try not to fall in any portals or mess with Bigfoot.

If you need any more tips check out David Paulides' books.

Enjoy the trip.

Comment

We went last summer. It was pretty awesome. Saw several bears. If you are able to hike some of the waterfalls, you will not be disappointed. My kids (4&7) loved it. Old Mill had some great food. Zip lining was pretty fun. We stayed in a cabin just south of Pigeon Forge and found it to be a great deal. One of my favorite vacations ever. And pigeon forge is a redneck paradise in my eyes.

Comment

Working...
            X