Never thought I would get hit by a bailout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never thought I would get hit by a bailout

My South Texas ranch isn't located near any public roads. The nearest is roughly six miles away. I got a call Sunday morning from a neighbor saying a bunch of fences and gates in the area had been driven through. There had been a chase that went off-road several miles south. Mine was probably one of them.

I happened to be working on some fencing on my home place so loaded my stuff up and headed south. My buddy who owns the ranch door came down as well. Here is the first spot we found on the north fence.

We were able to get the gate bent back good enough to close up the spot. Then went looking for the breach in the south fence. We checked the gates but all of them were still hanging. So back we went to following their tracks. The looked like they dead ended into a wall of brush.

From the other side it was hard to tell that anything had come through. Going around to the other side we found the spot.

The neighbor from that ranch had hooked a strap and pulled it back up before we got there. Just amazing how they can drive through a fence and keep going. And going through that wall of brush and not punching a tire. The truck was found on another neighbors ranch where it went into a dry creek but didn't come out. They went through at least 10 gates/fences and covered at least 10 miles off-road. I wish I knew what kind of tires were on that truck!

It really burns me that I about to send this worthless government a fat check in about two weeks. It's their job to control the border. Maybe I should deduct what the expenses will be to fix what all they broke.

You should deduct it. It's only fair.

Comment

Sucks you are going through this. it’s not just the governments fault IMHO. Lots of folks voted for the idiot that is in charge. Most folks that live away from the border are clueless as to all of the issues illegal immigration creates.

Comment

Just plan SUCKS and sad to say it isn't going to get any better! I'm sure the government would totally understand the deduction from your check

Comment

My son’s 2019 was stolen in SA last year. He saw it drive off and reported it. The cops spotted it about 5 miles away and tried to stop it. Thief hammered it and the cops quit because of their “no chase policy.” Truck was spotted again about 3 weeks later headed south. Cops got set up tried to stop it again on 97 I think. Thief ran down a dirt road and through 3 ranch gates before losing the cops. They thought he made it back to 97.
          3 weeks ago the owner of the last ranch it went in found it while doing a helicopter survey of deer. Truck had been sitting there 5 months.
          Attached Files

Comment

We have lost control of The United States with the clowns in Washington especially fjb and his appointments.

Comment

I'm certain that Hunter Biden will reimburse you after giving the "Big Guy" his cut.

Comment

re bailouts

sorry to say, welcome to the club. We are 4 miles north of the checkpoint on IH 35. So we get them quite a bit. on the bright side, if the truck aint stolen, you get a free truck to drive around, sink in a tank for the bass or piece part it out.
                Border patrol is facing a losing battle, so when i am there, i just re string the fence. tell them to call me when the tow truck shows up and meet me at the gate. Great way to get new roads made by the vehicle left in your property. To bad they never steal a bud light semi to abandon on the ranch. that would be great for me.

Comment

We shouldn't be getting any traffic but last 2 years we're getting to experience all of the fun with illegal traffic those closer to checkpoints or the border have dealt with for years.

Comment

****. Where in LaSalle County are you? We are on 624 just west of Cameron Lane. Our neighbor to the west had something similar two years ago but fortunately we haven't been in the fray.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                      Sucks you are going through this. it’s not just the governments fault IMHO. Lots of folks voted for the idiot that is in charge. Most folks that live away from the border are clueless as to all of the issues illegal immigration creates.
                      As long as they aren't affected by it, they don't give a flip...they can continue to pontificate on how we should give them sanctuary. But the minute the illegals show up at their city, they want to scream and holler how the illegals need to be sent back to border states

Comment

wow sad

Comment

I’m surprised it hasn’t happened before. Every day occurrence on ranches in my area. My place doesn’t border any roads and I have lost count of the number of fence patches I have done. Don’t even try to stretch and do it right. Just do a half azz patch because it will happen again. Losses and repair costs ought to be deductible. Uncle Sam should be reimbursing us. Heck, they should build me a whole new fence. I am sick and tired of this krap.
                          They bailed thru my gate in broad daylight next to my house last week while I was in the house.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                            ****. Where in LaSalle County are you? We are on 624 just west of Cameron Lane. Our neighbor to the west had something similar two years ago but fortunately we haven't been in the fray.
                            Midway between Fowlerton and LA. Six miles south of 97. The chase was on 624. That’s where they started cross country.

Comment

Dang...if you find out about the tires, let me know!!

No word from bp on the outcome / apprehensions??

Comment

Working...
                              X