Civilian Medical Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civilian Medical Care

I'm new to the civilian side of medical care. All of my other major surgeries were while on active duty.
    This is just the hospital part of the bill for my recent back surgery.

The difference in billed amount and paid amount boggles my brain.

90 minutes of surgery time and six hours total hospital time.

Claim Status Completed
    Dates of Service(Begin-End) 03/21/2023 - 03/21/2023
    Dates Processed 03/26/2023
    Billing Provider Name MATSU REGIONAL MED CTR
    Total Amount Billed: $45,823.40
    Total Amount Paid : $7,313.16
    Description Amount Paid to Beneficiary: $0.00
    Amount Paid to Provider : $7,313.16
    Amount Paid by Beneficiary to Provider : $0.00
    Tricare allowed amount $7,386.16
    Amount Paid to Provider : $7,313.16
    Amount Paid by Beneficiary to Provider : $0.00
    Tricare allowed amount $7,386.16

You can thank insurance companies, big hospital corporations, and politicians for that.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
      You can thank insurance companies, big hospital corporations, and politicians for that.
      Actually you can thank politicians
      Open borders. Every person they let come in this country cost working Americans billions a year in medical care alone. Peasants NEVER pay a medical bill but spend a lot of time with dr’s. Politicians allow these borders to be open, they also promote a welfare lifestyle to Americans who also NEVER pay a medical bill. I’ve dealt with thousands of both 3rd world peasants and welfare recipients over the last 22 years.
      I have had insurance for 22 years and been to the hospital just a few times in all that time. My latest venture to the ER cost me 3500 out of pocket. And that ****** me off

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        Actually you can thank politicians
        Open borders. Every person they let come in this country cost working Americans billions a year in medical care alone. Peasants NEVER pay a medical bill but spend a lot of time with dr’s. Politicians allow these borders to be open, they also promote a welfare lifestyle to Americans who also NEVER pay a medical bill. I’ve dealt with thousands of both 3rd world peasants and welfare recipients over the last 22 years.
        I have had insurance for 22 years and been to the hospital just a few times in all that time. My latest venture to the ER cost me 3500 out of pocket. And that ****** me off
        You left out the criminals that employ illegals. They thank you for providing their employees healthcare free to them.

Comment

re Civilian health care ?

so when looking at the bottom line of a Hospital or ER center, I believe that no one can be turned away for treatment regardless of ability to pay ?
          Can anyone confirm that, So if a person runs up a 5 day stay needing treatment from a car crash, The hospital has to just eat up that charge ??
          Always wondered about that.

Comment

It's a numbers game - don't sweat it.

It was a side effect of insurance. Many years ago when I was in college about half of the population was not insured. Medical bills were always paid by the individual who then sought reimbursement from the insurance company. Back then, if we didn't have insurance, we could say that and offer cash payment and the bill would many times be cut in half or even more, we'd pay cash and walk out.

When the medical facilities started direct billing the insurance companies the charges creeped up and so did premiums. Most of those differences are now "written off" by contract, but I contend it is just a shell game. Those big dollar write offs are built into the charges and no one is out any money.

Comment

Working...
            X