Does a wedding/engagement ring stop advances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was talking to my fiancé about her being out and about with her friends this afternoon and jokingly asked if she got hit on. She said that anyone that thought about it would see her ring and not come up to her. I laughed and she very seriously asked “Do you think a man would still try even with a ring on my finger?” I unfortunately don’t think in todays society that many men or women would stop an advance just because the other person has a wedding ring on.

What do y’all think?

Just my personal opinion but any male that sees any sort of ring and still pursues is a POS.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde12 View Post
      Just my personal opinion but any male that sees any sort of ring and still pursues is a POS.

I agree, but I bet it happens a lot more than we all want to think.

Comment

Some men don’t care. It happens often, my wife still gets hit on and we’ve been married over 10 years. It is what it is

Comment

It's just viewed as a challenge for a lot of people (guys and gals).

Comment

Not a deterrent, and it’s not just men that do it. That’s basically only looked at like a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
              It's just viewed as a challenge for a lot of people (guys and gals).
              Originally posted by Twist View Post
              Not a deterrent, and it’s not just men that do it. That’s basically only looked at like a challenge.
              Just 'cause there's a goalie...

Comment

It sounds to me you are somewhat nervous and untrusting of your fiancé. That is not a good foundation on which to start a marriage.

Having said that, I have not worn a ring...wedding, class ring, or any jewelry for years because I don't like them on my hands. I get hit on all the time and feel that the wedding ring would not stop the ladies from hitting on me.
                Last edited by Burnadell; 03-28-2023, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  It sounds to me you are somewhat nervous and untrusting of your fiancé. That is not a good foundation on which to start a marriage.

Having said that, I have not worn a ring...wedding, class ring, or any jewelry for years because I don't like them on my hands. I get hit on all the time and feel that the wedding ring would not stop the ladies from hitting on me.

No no no, I’m untrusting of the general public. It’s not a question of her hitting on anyone, it’s a question on if a ring is a hard stop for other people approaching her because of her ring.

And i don’t think anyone on here can blame those women for hitting on you haha they are only human

Comment

Don't make a difference ring or not.
                    People are going to do what they want anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by *DW* View Post
                      Don't make a difference ring or not.
                      People are going to do what they want anyway.
                      This.

Hell she gets hit on wearing the ring with me 10 ft away. Lol. I honestly doubt half the guys check the finger for a ring before the ask to buy them a drink

Comment

It's not that she gets hit on. What matters is if she swings back.

Comment

Had a guy ( pos ) tell me he likes married women more because they are lonely and easy targets. He specifically sought out married women. And, no he was not a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                            I was talking to my fiancé about her being out and about with her friends this afternoon and jokingly asked if she got hit on. She said that anyone that thought about it would see her ring and not come up to her. I laughed and she very seriously asked “Do you think a man would still try even with a ring on my finger?” I unfortunately don’t think in todays society that many men or women would stop an advance just because the other person has a wedding ring on.

What do y’all think?
                            How hot is she?

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde12 View Post
                              How about a bellybutton ring?

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X