No announcement yet.

Ft Hood to be no more…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have any issue with the name change itself or who its getting changed to other than the fact that I'm sure it will cost the American taxpayer tens of millions of dollars before all is said and done. Now will changing the name keep people from constantly getting raped or murdered there?

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
      What a bunch of crap.
      My patience is totally gone with this changing of America.

BP
      Good.
      Enough people start having that sentiment and this thing could be swung around.
      Here's to those who's 2 f's are gone and they have none to give .
      Cheers

Comment

Only a matter of time before they start naming them "Fort Tranny" or "USS Buttsex". The military has become nothing more than a woke experiment.

Comment

Ft Hood to be no more…

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
          Only a matter of time before they start naming them "Fort Tranny" or "USS Buttsex". The military has become nothing more than a woke experiment.

I thought the USS Buttsex was the name of all naval ships.

I kid you seamen and seamen lovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well said.

The woke disease is doing serious damage to our military.

I know every generation to some extent says they couldn't serve today and have said that for decades but I don't think anyone imagined we'd be here today

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
              I served at Ft Bragg and Ft Hood. I could care less who they were named after, all I know is Ft Bragg is the home of the 82nd Airborne Division and it always will be to me. Ft Hood is the home of the 1st Cav and always will be to me. It's about tradition, period. Maybe someday this country will regain it's senses.
              Exactly, Hood is Hood and Bragg is Bragg, the name IS the installation itself and always will be to me.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowman12 View Post
                I can understand the blowback to some extent, but can someone explain to me why we shouldn’t change the name other than “I don’t wanna”? Hood barely graduated West Point (44/52 in his class with 196 demerits) and was without question very brave (reckless depending on who you ask). He was openly subversive to his commander, writing letters over Johnston’s head to get him replaced.

The move to replace Johnston with hood cost the confederacy Atlanta and made the outcome of the war inevitable. It’s been called the single worst decision by either side during the war.

So I guess his incompetence indirectly makes him an American hero, by bringing the civil war to a more rapid end, but why are you defending the naming of a military base after him, a native Kentuckian who only fought for Texas because Kentucky stayed neutral at the outset of the civil war? That’s who we want celebrated over a native Texan who actually accomplished something?

Just curious to me is all. I’m not saying we should “cancel” people because of decisions they made, I’m just saying if you look at this objectively it makes a fair amount of sense.
                Like everything, it depends on the slant you want to portray. The article below paints a different picture. This is cancel culture, and to say it’s because he was not a good general might very well be true, but that is not the reason it’s changing names. The funny thing to me is every freaking country in the south is named for someone that could be offensive to modern times.

Confederate John B. Hood was wounded at the Battles of Gettysburg and Chickamauga and became the youngest person to independently lead an army in the Civil War.

Comment

I guess my question is “why do we keep naming schools, forts, building, roads etc after people?” NOBODY is perfect (well one person was but they want to take his name off of things too) and no matter who they name it after, somebody somewhere can find an excuse to want the name changed. Someday they will find out that Cavazos whacked his dog for doing something wrong and PETA will scream that the name needs to be changed. As with many people, just a little tired of the “offended” crowd and their demands. Rant over.

Comment

We will one day change the name of our country since we had slaves when it was called United States of America

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                      Like everything, it depends on the slant you want to portray. The article below paints a different picture. This is cancel culture, and to say it’s because he was not a good general might very well be true, but that is not the reason it’s changing names. The funny thing to me is every freaking country in the south is named for someone that could be offensive to modern times.

https://www.history.com/topics/ameri...ar/john-b-hood
                      That article includes everything I pointed out. The point I'm trying to make is this. What was the rationale for naming it Fort Hood? What is the rationale for naming it after Cavazos?

Naming things only matters for a short period of time. I would bet my last dollar 90% of people don't know why it was named Ft. Hood anyway, so what is the harm in naming it to commemorate someone else who has done great things in the much more recent past? Who is hurt by changing the name?

Comment

Waste of our money.

Comment

My birth certificate says Fort Hood Texas. Wonder if they will make me change that?😂

Comment

They have already destroyed every service so at this point changing the names of posts and bases is a moot point. I am way more concerned that the current Army and Marine Corps couldn't fight its way out of a **** soaked paper bag to quote an old Army General. At this point its just getting drones and air strikes on target through Special Operators. If we ever have to fight a big boy like China or Russia its gonna take a recall of every Veteran to get the job done.

Friend in the Corps says he walks around all day saluting men in skirts and both services have let standards go to hell.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Completely friggen stupid,to go along with everything else that is Completely friggen stupid in this CLOWN show.The whole town of Killeen/ Ft.Hood wouldn't even be there without Hundreds of Millions of your tax dollars every month.Now let's waste a few more mil along the way changing the name........ Completely friggen stupid!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                                Waste of our money.
                                Yea I wonder what it costs to change the name of a base so a minority of folks can “ feel good?”

Comment

Working...
                                X