Food Texture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Texture?

Does the texture of food determine if you'll eat it or not? My GF is so picky about food it's unreal! If it doesn't look right, smell just right and it doesn't matter how good it taste if the texture isn't right then she wont eat. I guess thats why is only weights a buck ten. Ok rant over.

That is mostly how I decide what I like and don't like. I have never had a sense of smell so consequently my sense of taste is probably not too good so to me it doesn't matter how good is smells.

Comment

My buddy's wife is like this...drives me nuts when I cook for all of us. On top of the taste and texture being a yes or no, if she does like the taste and its too soft, she has to add a cracker for some crunch....and on the flipside, if its too crunchy and she has to have something soft to eat with it. Annoying AF... You are a grown *** adult. There is more to life than chicken nuggets, grilled cheese and mac and cheese.

Comment

It depends on if you still have teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          My buddy's wife is like this...drives me nuts when I cook for all of us. On top of the taste and texture being a yes or no, if she does like the taste and its too soft, she has to add a cracker for some crunch....and on the flipside, if its too crunchy and she has to have something soft to eat with it. Annoying AF... You are a grown *** adult. There is more to life than chicken nuggets, grilled cheese and mac and cheese.
          Thank you lord that I'm not the only one that feels this way. Trying to decide where to go out to eat is an ***** whipping. As long as it's Mexican (only if the chips are good) and a margarita she's fine.

Comment

I can’t eat okra any other way that fried! I really don’t like hairy things in my mouth!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              ...and, for the love of God, quit pouring Ranch dressing over everything before you eat it!!

You are my people, Jason.

Comment

Yes, I can't eat Jello for the texture reason alone. Anything else I'm fine with, but Jello is disgusting.

Comment

Yes, I will not eat sq

Comment

Eat squishy things, even cooked peaches or apples

Comment

I will only eat female baked goods (no nuts) and nothing with shredded coconut. I love pecans, walnuts and cashews but can’t stand them in baked goods. Same with coconut. It’s the texture I don’t like

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                        Thank you lord that I'm not the only one that feels this way. Trying to decide where to go out to eat is an ***** whipping. As long as it's Mexican (only if the chips are good) and a margarita she's fine.

Hahahaha yup....speaking of mexican food. For her, beef and cheese enchiladas are too soft so a big no...Chicken enchiladas ok but no enchilada sauce only cheese sauce. Beef fajitas are too stringy big no....chicken fajitas are good if the chicken is breast meat. Thigh meat is too poppy. Don't even get me started having to eat refried beans and rice with a chip and a whole host of other things she will not eat. This is just the tip of the iceberg and what I remember off hand . Plus she comments on everything everybody else eats and tell us why she doesn't like it. Annoying AF! She literally has to go over all this with the waitress every time we all go out to eat.
                        Last edited by Smart; 03-24-2023, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                          .You are my people, Jason.

Hahahaha! I don't get easily annoyed but super picky eaters are something that does.

Comment

I guess some people have never been truely hungry. I haven't found much I won't eat. From oysters to Grape Nuts cereal and all textures in between, bring it on.

Picky eaters used to bother me, not anymore. I don't care what you like or don't like or eat or don't eat. Don't like what I make, don't eat it, go hungry, I don't give a ****.

Comment

Could be the way folks were raised. Growing up, we didn't have a bunch of junk food or go get 'fast food'. When Mama put any meal on the table, that's what we had. Take it or leave it. And if Mama put it on our plate, we didn't have to eat it all but we were going to at least try it. Dad saw to that and taught us that it was out of respect for our mom's effort to prepare it for us. There are still different foods that I'm not fond of, but if it's served to me as a guest, I'll eat it.

HH,
                              We are on the same page.^^

Comment

Working...
                              X