What draws you to a Trad Shoot?

No. of Targets?

No. of Ranges?

Start Times?

No. of Days?

Location?

Thanks in advance,
    Kelvin

I like shoots with really varied shots. Especially shots with some brush, awkward angles, uphill/downhill targets, etc. I like shoots with the option to shoot multiple divisions. I also like shoots that are going to attract my buddies, so location matters. Saturday's are always best. And I like the open start/end shoots best. Do not like the ones where everyone gets lined up on a target and the whistle blows.

Comment

Location No.1 not driving far. Just not that interested.
      2 days is important. Kids have a lot of activities on Saturdays.
      3 allowing ILF barebow would be very nice.

Comment

Ones where they have a hot girl with a mobile beer cart like at the golf course would be nice . . .

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          Ones where they have a hot girl with a mobile beer cart like at the golf course would be nice . . .

I prefer courses with multiple mulligan purchases.

Comment

We used to do 40 targets at the Winter Traditional and a lot of people liked it. We dropped it to 30 when it became a TBOT shoot and frankly, 30 is about all I want to shoot in a row anymore. As far as start times, we always have people warmed up, signed up and ready to go at 8:00. If you had pre-registration and a ton of shooters you could do a shotgun start but most people seem to prefer the California start so they can show up whenever it's convenient. Since many shoot in multiple classes - four or more in some cases - trad shooters like a course they can get around fairly quickly. None of those 4-5 hour rounds you see at the big compound tournaments

Comment

I agree John. Especially if one is trying to shoot three or four classes in a day. You have your marathon men like Rusty and Bisch who will shoot six or seven in a weekend and 40 or more makes that dang difficult.

Comment

Like Malachi, I like a lot of variety on the course. A few long shots, a few really short shots (like the steel armadillo), moving targets like the flying pig at the Winter Shoot, shots with brush covering a part of the target or some type of obstruction at the stake make it more interesting. Multiple divisions, flexible start times and two-day shoots make it easier to get in a few rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

lol wish there was a like button!

Comment

Cali starts, Novelty surprise set ups, the ability to purchase mulligans, Food for sure, a warm hospitable atmosphere, the abilty to shoot multiple rounds, with out having to walk a long ways to the course, having a course that is not a long walk to complete, minimum 30 targets, and trad equipment vendors are always a plus.......

Comment

I’m drawn to traditional shoots because everyone is shooting trad equipment and the rounds move quick .

Comment

For 30 target ranges: Location, range terrain, start times, and number of classes. If the drive is 2+ hours, we like to be able to shoot multiple rounds without having to be there at daylight. We love Austin and Cowtown ranges. Both about 2 1/2 hours from us but offer elevation changes that we don't have on our local range.

For 40-50 target courses: Terrain, number of days, cali start, classes, and who we get to hang out with or watch shoot once we get there. The HCS and Chester are the big ones in Texas for us. HCS is a mini vacation and has stuff for our young daughter to do when she isn't shooting. (catching tadpoles, playing on the rocks, splashing in water)

Comment

Thank you all for the input, please feel free to add anything else!

Comment

Working...
                          X