2023 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dru View Post
    Does JUCO ball count? Get to watch my son play the spring at NOC in Enid. Can't wait.

Hell yeah it does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
      1 month out from the start of baseball season. This may be one of the most talented LSU teams ever on paper. The offense should incredible. If the pitchers step up this year they can definitely win it all. The sec as a whole is loaded this year.

Preseason Rankings:

Rank Team 2022 Record 2022 Rank
      1 LSU 40-22 25
      2 Tennessee 57-9 9
      3 Stanford 47-18 5
      4 Ole Miss 42-23 1
      5 Texas A&M 44-20 3
      6 Wake Forest 41-19-1 NR
      7 Florida 42-24 21
      8 Arkansas 46-21 4
      9 Oklahoma State 42-22 17
      10 Vanderbilt 39-23 NR
      11 East Carolina 46-21 13
      12 North Carolina 42-22 14
      13 Maryland 48-14 18
      14 Virginia Tech 45-14 11
      15 TCU 38-22 23
      16 Louisville 42-21-1 12
      17 UCLA 40-24 22
      18 Southern Miss 47-19 15
      19 Virginia 39-19 NR
      20 Alabama 31-27 NR
      21 NC State 36-21 NR
      22 Miami 40-20 20
      23 South Carolina 27-28 NR
      24 Texas Tech 39-22 24
      25 Oregon 36-25
      Son is a pitcher for McNeese. They scrimmaged LSU this fall and he told me it’s by far the most talent he’s ever seen on one team. First guy LSU ran out he said was 97-99 and touched 100. Dudes all over the field and a pile of big time arms. My son has been there a while and seen some really good teams (McNeese was at Vandy a few year ago for the regional) and said if they don’t win it all he will be very surprised.

Comment

I miss going to watch kid. He Tommy John early last year. He decided not to have surgery. He was contacted and told to go draft eligible and they sat down with us. It wasn’t much money but they were gonna do it and rehab him. He decided against that as well and said lots of guys throwing upper 90s now. So baseball is done. Wish he would get fixed because he can’t straighten his arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapperhead94 View Post
          You sure did like where they started last year!

The good news is if they don't have a good season, you can root for another team!
          Boy you are really obsessing over that ****. Glad to know I can be a burr under your saddle without even trying.

Good luck to all Texas teams this season.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Oklahoma St. will be solid with transfer arm. OU will be salty. TCU has a really good transfer arm. DBU and Tech will be down.

This is my 10th year scouting the area and if I was betting on what I saw in the fall, I’d take the Cowboys in the Big 12.

The SEC is anyone’s game. But Arkansas looked to be down this fall from years past.
            Last edited by TreeNap; 01-19-2023, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Frogs are in pretty good shape. Most starting position players return, minus graduated middle infielders. The Baylor SS transfer will fit in nicely. A couple more upper class men are portalling in. Several good bullpen arms from last year are back. Lots of young arms from out west (UT, AZ, CA) added to the roster. It’ll be interesting to see how the four man rotation shakes out. The weekend starters from last year all got drafted and signed. Frogs will be in mix. Opening day is Feb 17 at Globe Life Field vs Vanderbilt.
              Last edited by sandbill; 01-20-2023, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                I can't wait to watch Aggie Freshman Jace Laviolette this Spring.

In a Fall scrimmage vs Lamar he hit 3 bombs.
                One was over 500 ft and landed in the middle of Welborn Road.
                He's a specimen with all the tools.

He’s gonna be a super star!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  I miss going to watch kid. He Tommy John early last year. He decided not to have surgery. He was contacted and told to go draft eligible and they sat down with us. It wasn’t much money but they were gonna do it and rehab him. He decided against that as well and said lots of guys throwing upper 90s now. So baseball is done. Wish he would get fixed because he can’t straighten his arm.
                  Hate to hear that for sure. My boy has battled injuries too and the pro dreams are all but gone. Was getting pro scout attention a lot before the injuries and surgeries. But, on a positive note he’s not all baseball and finishes his engineering degree this May and already starting his MBA program. It’s a tough sport that most don’t really understand fully how hard it can be on kids. Good luck to your boy for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dru View Post
                    Does JUCO ball count? Get to watch my son play the spring at NOC in Enid. Can't wait.
                    Most definitely. Any time you are standing in a ball park with a jersey on counts.

Comment

Anyone going out to the Karbach Classic in Round Rock Feb 24-26th ? I am thinking about going pending good weather.

The Round Rock Classic is a 4 team Division I collegiate baseball tournament held annually at Dell Diamond in Round Rock, Texas.

Maybe a TBH meet up of those that geaux

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                        Anyone going out to the Karbach Classic in Round Rock Feb 24-26th ? I am thinking about going pending good weather.

The Round Rock Classic is a 4 team Division I collegiate baseball tournament held annually at Dell Diamond in Round Rock, Texas.

Maybe a TBH meet up of those that geaux
                        LSU is going to torch that line up of teams.

Comment

Only 2 weeks away from College baseball...

Comment

We are getting ready for a busy spring/summer. Our son is in his junior year at A&M Corpus Christi and is playing in North Carolina this summer. It’s been a bumpy ride due to elbow surgery after his freshman year, but he’s been healthy since and can’t wait to get going.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              I wrecked my elbow playing baseball as a kid before TJ was so prevalent. If I warm up very slowly and softly for half an hour I can throw without a bunch of pain, but if I just play regular catch my elbow ill hurt for a week.

Anyway, even if he doesn't play ball ever again, he should get it fixed just to play catch with his kids one day without pain. Not to mention, there are men's 25 and older leagues in most cities where he can play if he gets the itch.

A buddy of mine was a pitcher for Southwestern in Georgetown. He plays in a men's league occasionally at 43 and still throws an inning in their alumni game every year. Dude is in better shape now than college and has a rubber arm.

He is going to have to scratch that competitive itch somehow and will need a healthy elbow to do it even if it is just golf. The longer he waits the tougher the rehab will be.

Comment

I’m Working a DII tournament at Minute Maid Park today it’s definitely good to hear the glove popping and dugouts chirping. Wish I could sit and watch but duty calls.

Comment

Working...
                                X