No announcement yet.

New rules in MLB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banning the shift- not a fan. Players at that level should be able to hit the other way or god forbid lay down a bunt when 1/2 the infield is open. Hit were they ain't

Bigger bases- I dont really care either way. It might add a few more steals, but no one runs anymore anyway. I can see it limiting double plays so offense might pick up.

Pitch clock- Kind of like it. Too much bs with batters stepping out and pichers walking around the mound. Get the ball, get the signal and throw the pitch. No need to waste time.

Limiting the number of pick off attempts might lead to a few more steals, but again, no one runs any more.

Ready for the season to start. If the rangers starting rotation can stay healthy, they might actually have a decent year. Been a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
      Why? As long as only 9 men allowed on the field, let the batter beware.

There’s a shot clock in basketball and play clock in football.
      And there’s a clock in golf. Why not in baseball?

Baseball needs to be sped up somehow.
      Because I don’t like it. It reminds me of kids coach pitch or beer league softball where we had a rover position.

Comment

New rules in MLB

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
        Baseball is a game of strategy and chance, they’ve taken strategy out and are working on chance. The MLB has destroyed the game so much in the last 30 years it’s a shame.
        No they havn’t.

If anything has taken strategy out, it’s analytics, but it’s added more as well…it’s just not the good kind. That’s not on mlb though, that’s on the teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-30-2023, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          No they havn’t.

If anything has taken strategy out, it’s analytics, but it’s added more as well…it’s just not the good kind. That’s not on mlb though, that’s on the teams.

The league as a whole has all but made a mockery out of what once was a legitimate thinking man’s game. They pushed to turn every game into a home run derby since the ‘98 season. There is zero strategy in hitting a long ball and solely relying on that for offensive production. That is NOT baseball. They pushed for lowering the seams on the ball even more than they already were, pushed for short porches, shorter backstops, less to almost no foul ball territory. How often do you see the classic squeeze, hit and run, ball in dirt stolen base, double steal, drag bunt, etc? Very rarely because it’s all about the long ball with the consequence of no more strategy in the game.

On the flip side you have pitchers who can’t hardly do much other than throw gas. You’ll never see another pitcher like Greg Maddox or any of that nature that doesn’t throw 96-99 consistently because they can’t do anything with a seamless ball. Now they want pick off limits… geez You could jog your way around all the bases after you make the pitcher just step off the rubber 3 times. That’s a freakin joke. Pitch clock, ridiculous as well. The pitcher had to make the pitch no matter what, this ain’t football where he can just hold onto the ball and the game ends.

No more shifts? How about the over paid “professionals” actually become good at their craft. Instead of walking to the plate in basically catchers gear to crowd the plate thus effectively turning any strike into a freakin inside pitch because they’re not talented or hard working enough to learn, not to pull everything.

So yes, the mlb has taken a lot of traditional elements out of the game that made it so pure for what it was. To your point, the clubs are guilty of it as well.

Comment

Negative nancies

Comment

Comment

I love it. Great flow to the game now. There were actually base hit ground balls up the middle. I felt like I hadn’t see that in awhile. Only two pickoff attempts now so we should see a lot more stolen bases. I’m a fan of it

Comment

I don't like the shift rule ban. If the batter can't hit to the opposite field, he needs to learn how to or continue to become an easy out.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                    I don't like the shift rule ban. If the batter can't hit to the opposite field, he needs to learn how to or continue to become an easy out.

That’s not really the issue. The larger issue is that managers don’t want them slapping a single the other way. A runner on 1st has been devalued to the point that they would rather have hitters roll over one into the shift 2 of 3, or even 5 of 6 times. They want hitters trying to hit nukes.

Comment

The new rules are 100% the players fault. If they’d play the game instead of assing around for 30 seconds between every pitch, they wouldn’t have to have new rules like toddlers…

The BS hitters and pitchers go through between pitches is mostly pointless, there’s some gamesmanship but it’s mostly indecision. There’s still room for gamesmanship, and some chance for smart players to create more. I don’t mind a 3 1/2 hour game, but not to watch the pitcher walk circles around the mound, step off twice, and have hitters screwing with their batting gloves 3 times…that’s stupid.

I hate the shift, and I hate outlawing the shift, how about learn to hit the ball the other way like EVERYONE used to do. Analytics is largely to blame for this, because they just do t value singles anymore.

The stolen base has gone away largely just because catchers have all gotten so fast, and have such great arms. Couple that with pitchers keeping their stretch motions as short as possible, it’s just gotten very difficult to steal. The only thing I don’t like about bigger bases is less double plays.

What really ****** me off, his baseball has been trying to shorten games for 10 years with stupid rules, and screwing with the game…..but they haven’t taken 1 second of commercials off the broadcast.

You do know the game isn’t stopped for commercials. They tend to play those mid and end of innings. I’ve never seen seen a man on 2nd and 3rd, 1 out, and the batter backs out with a 2-1 count for a Depends commercial.

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
                        You do know the game isn’t stopped for commercials. They tend to play those mid and end of innings. I’ve never seen seen a man on 2nd and 3rd, 1 out, and the batter backs out with a 2-1 count for a Depends commercial.

And they take longer between half innings because of commercials. Have you not noticed all the time between innings when exactly nothing is happening, while you’re AT a game?

Comment

Whether MLB or little league. Watching the batter do 19 Hail Mary's. Play with his necklace. Adjusting gloves, helmet, shoes, etc is annoying too say the least.

Comment

I’ve watched a lot of baseball today, and I think the biggest takeaway for me has been the pitch clock. And I don’t think I like it. Everything seems rushed. The hitters are in a hurry. The pitchers are in a hurry. Both are acting like they can’t wait to get it over with. Without compiling the data, I’m gonna make the assumption that strikeouts are higher than normal, across all games today. Mostly due to the pitch clock. I don’t know if that is good for the game. I hope someone smarter than me runs the data and comes up with some conclusions.

For those of you supporting the new rule changes for more action/offense, please remember that Manfraud and his cronies have been manipulating the composition and production of MLB baseballs since at least 2018 when they bought Rawlings…the official baseball manufacturer for MLB baseballs

Comment

New rules in MLB

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                              I’ve watched a lot of baseball today, and I think the biggest takeaway for me has been the pitch clock. And I don’t think I like it. Everything seems rushed. The hitters are in a hurry. The pitchers are in a hurry. Both are acting like they can’t wait to get it over with. Without compiling the data, I’m gonna make the assumption that strikeouts are higher than normal, across all games today. Mostly due to the pitch clock. I don’t know if that is good for the game. I hope someone smarter than me runs the data and comes up with some conclusions.

For those of you supporting the new rule changes for more action/offense, please remember that Manfraud and his cronies have been manipulating the composition and production of MLB baseballs since at least 2018 when they bought Rawlings…the official baseball manufacturer for MLB baseballs

Well the intent of the pitch clock is to keep the game moving along, not create offense. If it looks hurried, it’s because it been in slow motion for so long with pitchers walking laps around the mound, and batters screwing with their ***** mittens, and scratching their arse. I think the rough edges will get polished off as all players get used to it. I rather enjoyed seeing a pitch thrown every 25 seconds or so, rather than every 35-40 and a bunch of sign shaking.

If the pitchers are hurried, why would strikeouts go up?

Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-30-2023, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Well the intent of the pitch clock is to keep the game moving along, not create offense. If it looks hurried, it’s because it been in slow motion for so long with pitchers walking laps around the mound, and batters screwing with their ***** mittens, and scratching their arse. I think the rough edges will get polished off as all players get used to it. I rather enjoyed seeing a pitch thrown every 25 seconds or so, rather than every 35-40 and a bunch of sign shaking.

If the pitchers are hurried, why would strikeouts go up?

Yep, that seems to be counterintuitive.

Assuming it is true that the hurry up is helping the pitchers with strike outs, pitches would be rushing back to the mound almost like a no huddle hurry up offense in football.

Comment

Working...
                                X