• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is supposed to be in mid April

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by orchard View Post
      GA bowhunter.....why did you trade the Ram in?
      I retired 3 years ago and no longer pull heavy gooseneck trailers.

The 7.3 Ford gasser is supposed to get the same MPG as my HO Cummins did (14mpg).

I didn't want to take the risk on the Cummins or the Aisin tranny needing out of warranty work.

That Ram also has high carrying costs.

6 new tires every 25k miles.
      Expensive diesel fuel.
      DEF
      Expensive maintenance.

As an example, NAPA wants $170 for a fuel filter and the truck uses two filters at each 12k mile change.

I do like duallies though. I have a '97 F350. The plan is a 4x4 conversion with a Cummins, 460 or 7.3 Godzilla swap.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
        My XLT cost $56k with X Plan.

7.3 gasser
        .430 gears w/ locker
        Gooseneck prep
        Platform running boards
        Power sliding rear window
        Roof clearance lights
        Power TT mirrors
        LED box lighting

I'm getting the bed Linexed. I like the Linex better than the Ford spray in liner and Linex is $50 cheaper.
        I’m not knocking your truck by any means but that price ( in my opinion) is almost as bad as the 6.7 diesel XLT I spoke of earlier. The trade in value on either of them will be horrible especially the xlt gasser. I’ve been looking at the gasser my self but I will talk myself out of it. IF these trucks would go ten years without major malfunctions them Maybe I would go that route but after 2016 the quality started going down , then covid crap dropped QC down to a horrible level. Unfortunately people will maybe get 4-5 years out of Anything built now days.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
          The trade in value on either of them will be horrible especially the xlt gasser.
          Trade in value is of no concern to me.

I order what I want. I'm not concerned about the next guy.

I do the same when I build a personal house. I build what I want. I don't concern myself with resale value.

Comment

Trade in value is of no concern to me.

I order what I want. I'm not concerned about the next guy.

I do the same when I build a personal house. I build what I want. I don't concern myself with resale value.
            The "next guy" isn't who gets hit...

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
              I’m not knocking your truck by any means but that price ( in my opinion) is almost as bad as the 6.7 diesel XLT I spoke of earlier. The trade in value on either of them will be horrible especially the xlt gasser. I’ve been looking at the gasser my self but I will talk myself out of it. IF these trucks would go ten years without major malfunctions them Maybe I would go that route but after 2016 the quality started going down , then covid crap dropped QC down to a horrible level. Unfortunately people will maybe get 4-5 years out of Anything built now days.
              The trade in on my 2019 was pretty dam good when I traded in in 2022. When have you ever gotten more than you paid for a truck when you had it 3 years? I don’t agree with anything you stated except prices are stupid high right now. They will come down but not until people stop paying MSRP or over.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                The "next guy" isn't who gets hit...

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                  They will come down but not until people stop paying MSRP or over.
                  Anyone buying a Ford can pay just under invoice with the X Plan.

Comment

I ordered the truck last year. The first 2023's just started hitting the lots in the past week. So there was nothing to test drive.
                    GA, one thing you can do. Take it in for an alignment. I wouldn't put it past Ford, or any MFG, to send a truck out with a **** poor alignment. I've had two cars brand new, way out of wack.

Comment

Anyone buying a Ford can pay just under invoice with the X Plan.
                      There are a lot of dealers not honoring it. Some will, but a lot are not.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                        There are a lot of dealers not honoring it. Some will, but a lot are not.
                        Maybe, but you can find one if you want to. Not difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          GA, one thing you can do. Take it in for an alignment. I wouldn't put it past Ford, or any MFG, to send a truck out with a **** poor alignment. I've had two cars brand new, way out of wack.
                          I need to check that.

Both my 2016 Ram 3500 trucks came with front end way out of camber. You could stand in front of the truck and see it.

Comment

I've got a 23 F350 Lariat Ultimate 7.3/4.30 ordered on Nov 30th that should get built this week. I'm not sure about those paying $75k for trucks with cloth seats, but I'm not even paying that for the well-optioned Lariat, even in this economy. I've got X Plan, but don't think I'll need it as the offered price is right around X Plan already.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                              I've got a 23 F350 Lariat Ultimate 7.3/4.30 ordered on Nov 30th that should get built this week. I'm not sure about those paying $75k for trucks with cloth seats, but I'm not even paying that for the well-optioned Lariat, even in this economy. I've got X Plan, but don't think I'll need it as the offered price is right around X Plan already.

To put it in a little more perspective I paid this much for my 2022 Lariat diesel and that included the upgraded Tremor pkg.

Comment

Invoice and x plan lolol

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X