• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    I’ll be doing my part of that.
    Me too. They're gonna pay this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
      It's completely legal to bowhunt for turkeys. Just saying.

Tell em!!

Comment

Hittin the road

Roll Tide! [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Is the north zone finally open? Expecting to see poults with the hens this weekend.

Good luck everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
            Is the north zone finally open? Expecting to see poults with the hens this weekend.

Good luck everyone!
            Yep, North Zone opens this weekend....You shouldnt start seeing poults until at least Mid/Late April or well into May. It takes 28 days to incubate, and the median start of incubation is usually around April 13-15 for Rio's. (So that puts median hatch date around May 10-12). Best of luck to all the folks in the North Zone this season...should be lots of 2 year old birds to be hunted this year, but you'll likely see very few jakes because of last years poor nesting success.

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post

Good luck everyone!

Poults? Like baby turkeys?

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                Poults? Like baby turkeys?

Ha! I was just joking about the start date. Feels like you south zone boys have been after it for a month.

Comment

good luck clay!

Comment

Wife and I doubled down this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

beautiful birds

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
                        Wife and I doubled down this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to you both!

Comment

2023 JFT Turkey Tour

A turkey hunt I’ll never forgot! 6 birds in 24 hours on multiple properties for my Tennessee boys and I. I’ve killed a lot of Rios over the years and never killed my own multi beard. This morning doubled on a 3 and 4 beard. We are on fire, onto a new permission property this afternoon.

Last edited by James; 03-31-2023, 12:46 PM.

Comment

2023 JFT Turkey Tour

Ran into a couple of strutters in one of our “turkey fields.” Had some good pics on the covert at a feedpen in the same area so I put a popup in for my buddy. Got mine in my favorite area and heard gobbling while I threw it up. Hoping for some good results with some Grim Reapers WS’s ruining Tommy and Thomas’ day tomorrow. Good luck all y’all North Zoners!

Comment

Does anyone have a good turkey taxidermy recommendation? I’m in New Braunfels. I know of some great ones out of state but there has to be some good Texas guys ….

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                                Does anyone have a good turkey taxidermy recommendation? I’m in New Braunfels. I know of some great ones out of state but there has to be some good Texas guys ….
                                I havent seen any in the state that can compete with the ones I sent ya. Alotta turkey mounts end up looking like the bobcat mounts that float around the GS.....

Congrats again on the turkey shoot, it’ll be hard to top!

Comment

Working...
                                X