No announcement yet.

2022 Formula 1 Season!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a race. Seems like MB is getting it dilaed in, Ferrari has engine issues, along with a sticky throttle? One would have thought that problem would have been fixed after Silverstone.

Fun race to watch for sure. Hamilton is going to be a monster after summer break.

Comment

Oh wow.......surprised but he definitely not hurting financially!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

George Russell on the pole tomorrow!!! This race feels like it could get ugly quick. Big names bringing up the back.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

whoa..........worth every minute! The big boys stepped up. Verstappen wins with Merc 2 and 3. Ferrari literally fell apart in this race.......not sure if the summer break of 25 days wont come with some changes for the management.........just ugly strategy choices.

Comment

Bye bye Danny Ric, dummy should have taken the Indycar ride, even if he's lucky enough to stay in F1 he will be in a backmarker team the rest of his career https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...xit-was-agreed

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
              Bye bye Danny Ric, dummy should have taken the Indycar ride, even if he's lucky enough to stay in F1 he will be in a backmarker team the rest of his career https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...xit-was-agreed
              Ricciardo screwed up and has never done anything since leaving Red Bull. He had a good thing going but wanted to be courted by another team and be The Man. Funny how he cited "lack of stability with the team" when bolting to Renault. I realize hindsight is 20/20 but like I said...he had a good thing going.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                I wouldn't be shocked if he stays in F1. He has wins and poles in a game where many have neither, but something changed in him after Redbull. Even Christian said to Cyril when Danny was at Renault that something was off, that Danny is better than his finishes show.

Either way, I am not shocked McLaren wants him gone, he has underperformed at McLaren, and often blames the car, when others are dealing with the same issues and worse. I bet he could retire today and live very well the rest of his life if he wanted to. Thankfully, that's not how drivers are wired.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  I wouldn't be shocked if he stays in F1. He has wins and poles in a game where many have neither, but something changed in him after Redbull. Even Christian said to Cyril when Danny was at Renault that something was off, that Danny is better than his finishes show.

Either way, I am not shocked McLaren wants him gone, he has underperformed at McLaren, and often blames the car, when others are dealing with the same issues and worse. I bet he could retire today and live very well the rest of his life if he wanted to. Thankfully, that's not how drivers are wired.
                  Seems like he spends more time trying to put on a show, and always trying to clown around. Maybe he just needs to focus on his driving and not the cameras. His act is getting old. But he will probably stay in F1, like mentioned before, he has done better than a lot of the other drivers.

Comment

REDBULL is on FIRE!!! Gotta give them credit when it is due. Coming from the back of the grid to win is NOT a normal thing in any racing..........especially F1. Ferrari has something bad wrong in communication and car set up. I suspect folks will be fired post season as both drivers are dang good. Merc is definitely missing something HUGELY important also. Not to have those cars running like switch watches after 3 weeks of summer break will not be tolerated. 1.8 seconds off the pace is like a tortoise versus a hare in the world of F1. Toto wont be sacrificed nor either of the drivers. The technical director is going to be grilled over the next 4 days.........he may not be able to handle the heat. I was surprised to learn McClaren was shaking up the TEAM again but at least they are showing they want to be back in the hunt for titles. The biggest surprise is that Gasly may move on from Alpha Turi .........may still have heartburn from being dropped by RB 3 years ago and sent to Alpha Turi which was considered there junior varsity team back then. If he goes to Alpine it would be partnering with Ocon.........i dont see that working out very well. They are both Frenchmen but the relationship is not all that hottt.

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

Thats a fact! I believe he will stay for at least one more season as seats are becoming open.......unless there is more to the story.
                    Originally posted by texashunter View Post
                    Seems like he spends more time trying to put on a show, and always trying to clown around. Maybe he just needs to focus on his driving and not the cameras. His act is getting old. But he will probably stay in F1, like mentioned before, he has done better than a lot of the other drivers.
                    CAnt say I disagree. Time to dig in and focus as the guy is good for the sport. As someone else noted, he has wins, podium places that many drivers never even sniff.

Comment

Alonso on Hamilton: 'idiot...he only knows how to drive & start when he's in first'

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        Alonso on Hamilton: 'idiot...he only knows how to drive & start when he's in first'

On espn3 post race they asked him about that quote. Alonso dodged responding to it. Hamilton was asked about it and said it was his fault as Alonso was in his blind spot. Took full responsibility but did not comment on other aspect of quote either.

All I know that 7 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TITLES compared to Alonso world titles or even his total wins makes that statement absolutely asinine and comes off as bitter about getting his butt smoked all those years.

Comment

...and he refused the mandatory medical exam after he broke down.

I'm no fan of that clown...preaches climate change & people to go vegan while he flies his dogs around the world on private jets.

Why celebs be it sports or hollyweird can't keep their politics to themselves is beyond me...makes it easy who not to support.

Comment

I saw a video of Norris talking about how the McLaren drives different than other cars. He said he felt like he was able to adjust and Daniel was still struggling to make the change. I like Daniel, hopefully and he can keep going with another team for a few more years.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
                              From my short time on Australia, he is a pretty typical Aussie. They are just a different breed, ESPECIALLY those guys from the west coast. They will drive an hour (or four) to go to a bar with their mates, get blind drunk, fight their mates, then ride home in the car together with black eyes and busted lips. They are something special LOL

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              On espn3 post race they asked him about that quote. Alonso dodged responding to it. Hamilton was asked about it and said it was his fault as Alonso was in his blind spot. Took full responsibility but did not comment on other aspect of quote either.

All I know that 7 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TITLES compared to Alonso world titles or even his total wins makes that statement absolutely asinine and comes off as bitter about getting his butt smoked all those years.
                              That's just it. He's had the pole 100 plus times. It would be a hell of a thing to have a problem driving in traffic because you can only seem to qualify first LOL. You are spot on about Ferrari. It seems on tracks where they need the downforce they set their cars up for speed, and when they need speed, they are set up for cornering. And then they run hards when everyone else is soft/medium. Both drivers are awesome. Cars are awesome (when set up properly). It's just been terrible calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

So, Mr. 7 World Titles has to use the 16 year old student driver excuse of not seeing someone "in his blind spot"? Really? No, he and all those top-level drivers are fully aware of their and their opponents' car position at all times. They hit those apexes within fractions of an inch every lap. To use "blind spot" is a pathetic attempt to cover his aggressive move at that corner. If he indeed does NOT know a car is "in his blind spot", well then Alonso is spot-on.

Comment

Working...
                                X