Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    Hey, we get it. You don't care much for cops

Maybe I missed the threads you started about the 43 officers that have been killed this year...........um, no I didn't
    Nope, but you can definitely see my condolences given to their Families when I have commented.

Comment

On ATC there is a thread about a guy shooting a LEO in the foot and everyone is calling him a thug and for his caping out.
      In P/CE a cop shoots and kills a law abiding citizen trying to uphold the law and do his civic duty and we hear Knottadarnthing.

Comment

What do you think should be done as a result of this shooting JerJames and Texansfan?

Comment

Sounds like a tragic accident. Thoughts for the family and officer.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            "Other than white"

Even African American cops obide by this unwritten code
            I think it's the white privilege card that deflects all the bullets.

Comment

What do you think should be done as a result of this shooting JerJames and Texansfan?

I am neither of those guys, but does manslaughter fit? Isn't that what you get if you are a truck driver and accidentally run over someone due to negligence? Seriously not sure, but failing to identify an innocent party and just shooting them does seem negligent

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                I am neither of those guys, but does manslaughter fit? Isn't that what you get if you are a truck driver and accidentally run over someone due to negligence? Seriously not sure, but failing to identify an innocent party and just shooting them does seem negligent
                What would happen if a chl holder shot the wrong guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                  What would happen if a chl holder shot the wrong guy?
                  I bet he would get some jail time, if not a civil suit would definitely be in his future i would think. Unless there is some good Samaritan law to protect a CHL holder acting in good faith, like if you try to help at a wreck sight. The difference is that the cop is supposed to be a trained professional, so i would think it would correlate more to a professional driver and negligence would be an issue

Comment

it's just a bad deal all the way around, sorry for all involved.
                    none of their lives will ever be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                      How many of those were shot by a cop while exercising their legal rights as a gun owner?

Can you legally own a handgun in Chicago? That city and NYC are both screwed up. You can't have an assist open knife there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        Can you legally own a handgun in Chicago? That city and NYC are both screwed up. You can't have an assist open knife there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        You couldn't have an assist open knife here until a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                          Let me clear up my my previous statement. I am assuming that Jerjames posted this to bring awareness to the situation and I was also wondering if himself and the like additional thought there should be action taken from this situation not on the individual prosecution level...but on a much grander scale?

Comment

Let me clear up my my previous statement. I am assuming that Jerjames posted this to bring awareness to the situation and I was also wondering if himself and the like additional thought there should be action taken from this situation not on the individual prosecution level...but on a much grander scale?
                            I'm honestly unsure of the punishment for these type incidents, but I do believe there should be punishment.

An innocent life was taken by the hand of another. Could have been completely unintentional as far as the Officer is concerned, but a life was lost none the less, and that is horrible for everyone concerned.

Comment

It's called an accident. He should not be punished unless you can prove he just wanted to kill an innocent man for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                                I'm honestly unsure of the punishment for these type incidents, but I do believe there should be punishment.

An innocent life was taken by the hand of another. Could have been completely unintentional as far as the Officer is concerned, but a life was lost none the less, and that is horrible for everyone concerned.
                                It is definitely horrible, but accidents do happen. Given the circumstances I don't think punishment in the criminal sense should be issued, but certainly believe he should lose his badge.

Comment

Working...
                                X