Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what time do y'all have your feeder timers set on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weekend it will change to probably 6:30-6:45 a.m., and then 3pm. A lot of guys rag on me for having it set so early in the afternoon, but I see a lot of deer from 3pm until dark. Years ago, I went out to my stand at 1pm and was back in camp at 1:45 pm with a typical 12 that scored 144 3/8. He was moving thru the woods, about 100 yards from my feeders and I wasn't hunting feeder, just hunting the area.

Comment

10-15 minutes before sunrise and around 1:15 before sunset. This will come out to around 6:45am and 4:20 pm come this Sunday. I change times at least once every two months to keep it as close to the above as possible.
      Last edited by 44mAG; 10-29-2018, 10:43 AM.

Comment

My first feed is at 7:30, one at 8:30, one at 4:15 ,and the last one at 6:00....

I never will understand why people insist on feeding while it is still dark......Deer eat plenty at night I kind of like feeding them when I can see them.....

-john

Comment

7:25 a.m. 5 seconds
          6:00 p.m. 5 seconds

Comment

8:00am and 5:30pm (so with time change and clock reset: 7am and 4:30pm)

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
              Thanks bubba! my spot is just outside of Sulfur Springs.
              As you know I hunt public land 90% of the time, no box blind, no corn and no feeder... This is the first time in many years that I have a piece of private property to hunt on with all the "luxury".
              I'm just wanting to attract the deer to the area where I'll be hunting for now and I figured let them feed just before dawn because they probably feel more comfortable at that time (NOT TO SHOOT at that time) now the time is changing, I'm wondering what time I should change it, so I have time to get to the blind and not mess the deer up with the time timer time change and the daylight savings time change...
              By the way, I'll continue to hunt public lands as well because I feel it's more challenging and I think I have more choices of areas to hunt.

Thanks Jason and everyone else.

you got it all figured out....enjoy your challenge and your time change Ali. The deer change their watches too so be careful not to mess them up.

Comment

Just adjusted mine this past weekend. 07:30 which will become 06:30 this weekend.
                The deer don't know there is a time change just us. So with time change accounted for
                06:30 6 seconds, 08:00 4 seconds, 1600 4 seconds, 17:15 6 seconds

Comment

Well aren't you a real hunter...

Comment

I think 8 and 5:30 for 10 seconds. Might up it a bit to 12-14 seconds.

Comment

I've already changed the time for DST, but I'm doing:

6:30 for 4 sec
                      16:30 for 4 sec

I'm new to this and am hunting the 16 acres behind my house. I had two little bucks coming pretty regular, but once bow season started I haven't seen them much (couldn't shoot them anyway). I had a couple doe bust me yesterday evening just after sunset. Them snorting was kind of cool.

Anyway, any advice on the time and duration of my feeder specific to hunting a small property with neighbors that aren't too close?
                      Last edited by Noob; 10-30-2018, 03:37 PM. Reason: Clarify that I've already changed to DST.

Comment

7:30 and 5:30 8 seconds.

Comment

Yes, make sure you post a big sign out for the deer to know that they need need to roll there clocks back then you can change the feed times. If you don't tell them to change there clocks you probably don't need to change yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Ali.. Very quick and to the point.

You are a duck hunter so I know you know sunrise and sunset numbers and that they change through out the season. It depends on YOUR area sunrise and YOUR area sunset numbers. You can't ask the forum for the specific times because there could be a 30-40 minute discrepancy over the state of Texas as to when the sun rises and sets.

Quick guide I use when adjusting my feeder throughout the year.....

AM feeds 20 minutes before your actual sunset time. That's just a hair before good shooting light.

PM feeds 1.5 hours before your actual sunset time.

Adjust accordingly throughout the year. I usually change mine after the last Sunday hunt each time I go and have it so that when I am coming back in a few weeks it is perfect. Get you a sunrise sunset app on your phone and use it.
                            i think everyone knows what you meant... but what you said is your morning feed is 70 minutes after your evening feed.

Comment

Mine have been 8:00am and 5:00pm for years. Late in the season I'll throw at 4:30pm but that's all the changes I make. I don't want to let something pass because I couldn't see it well enough. It's still dark in the woods at 6:30/7:00am even after the time changes.

Comment

Mine are currently going off at 7:45 in the AM and 5:45 in the PM. Of course next week that will be 6:45 and 4:45. I adjust the morning feeding time as the sunrise changes between now and late December. I do not change the evening feed time. I have two feeders at each blind, one a 55 gal and the other a 85 gal. The 55 gallon ones are set for 6 secs and the 85 gallon ones are set for 10 secs.

Comment

Working...
                                X