• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calcification In Dogs Tendon

NEED ADVICE
    ~~~
    Classic my luck,

Left town for a trip and let my 7 month old lab run with my brothers dog for a couple days while I was gone.

Fast forward I came home to him limping and thought nothing of it. After a week of resting him he still showed lameness in his lower back right leg.

The vet found calcification on his tendon said its been there for awhile now. Leading up this this I have never notice him limping since he has puppy energy. He said it is a 4 out of 10 on the size scale that will cause him to limp for the rest of his life once it gets inflamed. So now I am resting him for 30 days and going from there. Hoping it does not get inflamed easily.

He is a hunting dog and I hunt waterfowl and upland birds a lot. I am only halfway through his training so this has been a big blow for me especially since money is tight (I am in my mid 20s). Guess I will only train the necessities now. Vet said to not play ball with him that much anymore and keep running at low for the rest of his life. This just really sucks...
    Last edited by IOWA BOW HUNTER; 09-28-2020, 09:34 AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X