2020/20201 Bosque, McLennan Counties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020/20201 Bosque, McLennan Counties

Well, sure hope I do not jinx the remaining off season, but us Bosque and McLennan County hunters are starting the late winter, early spring off with a bang.

Mild temperatures along with timely rains have our landscape looking extremely promising. Deer are looking very healthy for this time of the year.

Cameras are showing all the bucks holding on to their horns. I did have a group of hogs show back up, but not consistent yet.

I will try and do better this year about updating this thread, but.........Please post up Bosque, McLennan are surrounding area information.

Below are some photos of a few of the regulars that frequent my river grounds. I am sure glad to see that more made it through the season than normal.

Hope each have a great off season.

Rwc
    Attached Files

In an attempt to detour away from the doom and glum threads of late....... Below are a few bucks that have shown up in McLennan County to get a bite of corn, or to check and see if there are any remaining ladies to chase........These photos are from a week or so ago, I would imagine most have started loosing a side or two........

The doe is one that showed up awhile back that looks to have ducked at just the right second.

Hope all have a great week!

Rwc
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey amigo! Talked to the guy that's farming that big river place I was on. The owner bought one of those boar buster traps! I do know there are 48 less hogs down there!lol I know, a drop in the ol bucket but he's after em. Got it all in MLD and not leasing it either. Should help things around there!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
        Hey amigo! Talked to the guy that's farming that big river place I was on. The owner bought one of those boar buster traps! I do know there are 48 less hogs down there!lol I know, a drop in the ol bucket but he's after em. Got it all in MLD and not leasing it either. Should help things around there!
        Great information my friend. Small world some times, but a man that lives down the street from me is doing allot of work for him, plowing, brush clearing..etc etc. and he has said the same things as you.

I am about to shred a few acres of winter plots in an attempt to let the clovers get a little sun.....

Keep in touch.

Rwc

Comment

Yep, Anthony?! Talked to him a couple days ago!lol Will do sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
            Yep, Anthony?! Talked to him a couple days ago!lol Will do sir!
            Yes sir, goes by Andy, working son of a gun..........he is a great person and a humors character.

Rwc

Comment

You Bosque, McLennan and surrounding area hunters must really be practicing social distancing............... mighty quite!

I did make a quick trip to my river grounds yesterday afternoon to see if I could luck out on putting an arrow in a hog and/or find a shed horn or two.

River was rolling, food plots are in need of a shredding and most bucks are still holding on to their head gear as the below photos show.

No hogs seen and only one on camera lately..........GOOD!

God bless and hope all is well.

Rwc
              Attached Files

Comment

4 5/10” of rain in last 2 days in McLennan County.

Middle and North Bosque’s are running like the Guadalupe.

Rwc

Comment

Rivers in McLennan County are starting to produce good numbers of whites. Breck and I (and a couple others) went and picked up some groceries yesterday afternoon..........

Hope all is well and are making it through this politically...........oh never mind.

Rwc
                  Attached Files

Comment

nice catch

Comment

If any of you know of any available openings, I would be interested. Lost my lease in Meridian this yr as it sold in Feb. I live near Temple and grew up in West.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
                        If any of you know of any available openings, I would be interested. Lost my lease in Meridian this yr as it sold in Feb. I live near Temple and grew up in West.
                        PM Sent.

Rwc

Comment

Not sure if we have ever had an early spring start so wet/green? Cameras are still showing good numbers of deer on plots, but are not hitting feeders very lightly. I am still extremely blessed that the hogs have stayed bayed for the most part for the last few months.

Hope all are staying well.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                            Not sure if we have ever had an early spring start so wet/green? Cameras are still showing good numbers of deer on plots, but are not hitting feeders very lightly. I am still extremely blessed that the hogs have stayed bayed for the most part for the last few months.

Hope all are staying well.

Rwc
                            I swear, the hogs are STILL eating acorns starting to show up a feeders are bit more now...

Comment

Originally posted by BosqueTech View Post
                              I swear, the hogs are STILL eating acorns starting to show up a feeders are bit more now...
                              I noticed where they had been pushing leaves around under the Pecans recently, I can see where they would be trying to find the last decent acorns also.

Hope all are stay well.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                              X