Hog hunt recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog hunt recap

Wanted to try and redeem myself for my miss last Friday night.

Have a feeder in the back yard and it’s set to feed at 2030 hours. Didn’t really want to walk from the house so I drove the buggy close. Got out of the buggy and started walking. Was looking on the ground as I’ve killed several snakes around the house lately.

Never saw it, but dang sure heard it. About 3’ in front of me was a 4’ Rattler. Scared the crap out of me. Shot it and took it to my buggy.

Went and got in my tripod about 2000. A doe comes and wanders around waiting for the feeder to go off. After it goes off a couple more join it. Mosquitoes were BAD!!! Sprayed on off with deet, and had a thermacell on. They didn’t care.

At some point in time a coon joins the does. Thought about shooting it, but have seen a large set of tracks that a bigger pig has been leaving. Was hoping it would come in so gave the coon a pass. At 2200 decided I’d had enough of the mosquitoes.

I skinned the snake out, but cut the buttons off. If someone is interested in the skin, let me know and you can have it. Will need to be picked up POC area. It’s in the freezer for now.
Working...
X