This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RLB View Post
    100% dead on the mark. Mond will not lead this team to a conference championship, let alone the next level. He makes way too many mistakes and can’t make good decisions in the pocket or out. His accuracy is an issue and will continue to an issue. You have to let the touted new comer come in and be baptized by fire, especially with the schedule we have this year. He’ll have more games where he’ll be able to learn and grow and he’ll have a couple where he’ll learn real fast about the SEC.
    So no Heismond, like peckerneck was chirping for 3 months last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      peckerneck

Hahahahaha.....that made me LOL. Haven't heard that term in a long time.

Comment

Are yall making fun of my avatar again?

Comment

2020 College Football - Off Season Discussion

So curious Ags have no QB, no OL, no RB what is it that has the faithful so excited about next year?

Schedule?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by drop dead fred; 02-06-2020, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
            So curious Ags have no QB, no OL, no RB what is it there has the faithful so excited about next year?

Weak SEC schedule plus 4 layups OOC?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
              Wydemeyer (sp) was only a 3* if I remember correctly, but any team in the country would take him as a TE after year one.

I don't know if he was 'developed' by the coaches, fit well into the scheme, just decided to become an animal one day, was under rated or a combination of all of those,....but he was surely under rated/under estimated.

And I think there are a lot of young men over/under rated and none of the coaches or experts know until a couple years in, and there are so many factors we will never know the entire story.

A highly rated player shows up on campus and gets homesick or falls in love and everything goes in the crapper. A 3* shows up and works his tail of, gets coached and ends up being great.
              Wydermeyer was a composite 4 star, but a low end one. TE and OL are probably the two positions the services do the worst at evaluating.

TE because they generally aren't well utilized by high schools. High School TE's generally are either guys that block alot in run based offenses or are Flex TE/WR that catch passes and don't block much. Most high level college teams want their TE to do both. In regards to state of Texas recruits, this is especially true with the proliferation of spread offenses that are generally more simple than college spread offenses. Also, if you are 6'5" 220 in high school you are facing a big skill difference with 5'9" CB trying to cover you or blocking 6' 200 lb DE's.

OL is very hard to evaluate period. The biggest reason is that if you are 6'5" 300 and can move a little bit, you are rarely facing opponents that aren't in the same ballpark as what you will face in college, so your game tape can be misleading. The gap in opponent skill is bigger than it is for say WR and CB. Another big reason is that the rating services tend to rate guys highly that already have college size in high school, but that isn't a great indicator of future success. The rating services have a blind spot for the 6'5" 260lb guy because all they see is a guy that isn't big enough to play OL yet and they get rated down. Putting 40 lbs of good weight on a high school lineman is probably the easiest strength and conditioning task their is. Another reason is that the combine athleticism tests don't reveal OL athleticism in the same way they do for WR, DB, RB, or LB.

Another thing that the rating services don't consider is scheme fit, and that is where you will see a big differential in performance v. rating. Jimbo's offenses produce good TE's because they use them well. I know that my buddies that follow Texas recruiting hard thought Wydermeyer was a stud, poorly rated, and that he would flourish in Jimbo's offense.
              Last edited by El General; 02-06-2020, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Tim Brewster to Florida.

That man just steals money every offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                  But if you don't get one for recruiting you don't get one for a natty . . Just sayin . .

#fillthepipeline
                  LSU's last 2-3 years were ok. Others were reportedly better. Just say'n...

Comment

So curious Ags have no QB, no OL, no RB what is it that has the faithful so excited about next year?

Schedule?

Heismond...break out..

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Weak SEC schedule plus 4 layups OOC?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Lost to auburn, bama, LSU, and beat ole miss an arky by a combined 10 pts....

They’ve got them all again [emoji2371]

Comment

Schedule?

I think Spiller did good for a true freshman. Put up 946 yards. Oline will have to improve (can't get worse). IMO Mond is the biggest question for this season. I see a 8 & 4 season, possibly 9 & 3. I'm not excited about this season, I'll get excited when Mond is no longer the starting QB.

Comment

I’m not understanding the point of this?

Maybe he plans on announcing "for real" at grandma's birthday party tomorrow in New Orleans

Comment

Schedule?

Defense.
                            Anias will go to RB. W Demas at wideout or slot it should open up running game some. Again, need better qb.
                            O line will be improved some. We need ALOT. But all are returning. And a year smarter and stronger hopefully. Hopefully!!

Comment

Lost to auburn, bama, LSU, and beat ole miss an arky by a combined 10 pts....

They’ve got them all again [emoji2371]

Plus the Pirate at Cowbell State is going to be a new wildcard...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Plus the Pirate at Cowbell State is going to be a new wildcard...
                                Yep

Comment

Working...
                                X