X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No elk for me either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3 yrs in a row I have not drawn. All the previous years I drew every year. The change screwed a lot of people

Comment

Nada

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

My daughters birthday & I received my successful first choice archery elk tag email notification. It is a good day.

Comment

I drew second choice. GMU 68 1st Rifle bull tag. Not sure what to expect but can’t wait to get out there anyway. And glad to keep my point total rolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No luck. We drew three years in a row with zero points in the same unit for elk. This year, no luck with three hunters in a group app. Two years ago, this unit had leftover OTC tags for archery.

We are putting in for second draw, but will be hunting elk OTC if we have to. So I am not concerned. However the point creep is getting a little nuts.

I blame the MeatEater/BHA phenomenon and Colorado's failure to manage bears for the reduced tag availability. Next fall I think we are going to move to Montana or Wyoming for elk.

Comment

Speaking of bears, anyone know if you have to buy that $100 bear tag now or can I wait until I get there?

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                  Speaking of bears, anyone know if you have to buy that $100 bear tag now or can I wait until I get there?
                  You can wait until you get there, unless they meet the tag quota before you get there. Not sure where you are hunting, but with the overabundance of bears in Colorado, I doubt they will hit the tag quota.

I seem to recall there was some rule that you can't hunt bear during a draw hunt with only a bear tag if you are hunting as a party, and another person has an elk tag. I hope that makes sense, I butchered that pretty bad.

Comment

Well, they charged me for an elk tag so I better have one by then.

Comment

Drawn again Elk late rifle

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        No luck. We drew three years in a row with zero points in the same unit for elk. This year, no luck with three hunters in a group app. Two years ago, this unit had leftover OTC tags for archery.

We are putting in for second draw, but will be hunting elk OTC if we have to. So I am not concerned. However the point creep is getting a little nuts.

I blame the MeatEater/BHA phenomenon and Colorado's failure to manage bears for the reduced tag availability. Next fall I think we are going to move to Montana or Wyoming for elk.
                        Don't all the OTC units have unlimited tags for that season? For instance, unit 21 is OTC for archery and they will sell unlimited tags for archery season. That some unit is limited for 1st Rifle

Not arguing, just asking.

If bears have effected the elk numbers that much, Colorado is going to have some serious problems when wolves repopulate the state.
                        Last edited by El General; 06-09-2020, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                          Don't all the OTC units have unlimited tags for that season? For instance, unit 21 is OTC for archery and they will sell unlimited tags for archery season. That some unit is limited for 1st Rifle

If bears have effected the elk numbers that much, Colorado is going to have some serious problems when wolves repopulate the state.
                          My understanding is otc is unlimited. We always stop at Walmart a couple days before season and pick up our tags..

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post

You are right, I was mixing terminology. If Colorado doesn't sell all its draw tags for a particular unit, the leftover tags get sold sometime in August. While they are still limited entry tags, you buy them the exact same way you would an OTC tag. The difference is these tags are limited to the total number of tags allocated to the draw.

Agree on wolf reintroduction for sure!

Comment

drew a muley buck and Bull tag for 2nd season rifle!!

Comment

Working...
                              X