Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Photography
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2020, 11:56 AM   #1
chongo
Pope & Young
 
chongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Melissa
Hunt In: Sutton County
Default June 2020 Photo Contest

Getting this started again since we didn't have an April and May contest.

Topic of the month will be MOTION.

RULES FOR THE CONTEST - **RIP Jaspro**

1. We will have 1 thread, located in the Photography Forum for photo submissions.

2. Entries are restricted to 1 per participant. If you post more than 1 on the thread you are automatically disqualified for that month's competition.

3. I'll start it off by picking a theme for the remainder of this month. Pictures must be submitted by midnight the last day of the month.

4. By the 5th day of the following month a winner will be chosen by the previous month's winner.

5. The person whose picture is chosen will then select a topic for the following month's assignment.

6. The person in charge of one month will then select a winner for that month. The winner from that month will then select a topic for the following month. We will repeat this rotation from month to month, but the winner of one month will not be eligible to be the judge the following month. In other words, you can't select your own photo.

7. Critiques on ways to use lighting, shutter speed, composition and other factors to improve photo quality are accepted and encouraged. Hopefully participants will be open to constructive criticism and suggestions.

8. If someone wants to use photoshop it is allowed, to the point the original subject and content has not been altered beyond reality.

9. Lobbying for one's own photo is not necessary. Just post the pic and perhaps the EXIF information.

10. Try to keep topics as outdoor-related as possible. Creative interpretation of topics is encouraged.
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2020, 03:48 PM   #2
Eagle19
Ten Point
 
Eagle19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Every where in Texas
Default

My June entry!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eagle19 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2020, 05:15 PM   #3
Sparkles
Pope & Young
 
Sparkles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McKinney
Hunt In: Young County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle19 View Post
My June entry!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Nice
How fast was that?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sparkles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2020, 07:55 PM   #4
mikemorvan
Pope & Young
 
mikemorvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Haltom City
Hunt In: vetements noirs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
Getting this started again since we didn't have an April and May contest.

Topic of the month will be MOTION.

RULES FOR THE CONTEST - **RIP Jaspro**

1. We will have 1 thread, located in the Photography Forum for photo submissions.

2. Entries are restricted to 1 per participant. If you post more than 1 on the thread you are automatically disqualified for that month's competition.

3. I'll start it off by picking a theme for the remainder of this month. Pictures must be submitted by midnight the last day of the month.

4. By the 5th day of the following month a winner will be chosen by the previous month's winner.

5. The person whose picture is chosen will then select a topic for the following month's assignment.

6. The person in charge of one month will then select a winner for that month. The winner from that month will then select a topic for the following month. We will repeat this rotation from month to month, but the winner of one month will not be eligible to be the judge the following month. In other words, you can't select your own photo.

7. Critiques on ways to use lighting, shutter speed, composition and other factors to improve photo quality are accepted and encouraged. Hopefully participants will be open to constructive criticism and suggestions.

8. If someone wants to use photoshop it is allowed, to the point the original subject and content has not been altered beyond reality.

9. Lobbying for one's own photo is not necessary. Just post the pic and perhaps the EXIF information.

10. Try to keep topics as outdoor-related as possible. Creative interpretation of topics is encouraged.
Will you be starting an entry thread, or is this it?

Is the rule still in effect that the picture needs to be taken in the month of the contest? In this case, pics need to be taken in 06/20?

Just want clarification. Thanks.
mikemorvan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2020, 07:57 PM   #5
chongo
Pope & Young
 
chongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Melissa
Hunt In: Sutton County
Default

Yes.

Picture must have been taken in the month of the competition, June 2020.

Also, there will be a separate entry thread on June 1st.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2020, 12:13 AM   #6
Eagle19
Ten Point
 
Eagle19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Every where in Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
Nice
How fast was that?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I canít remember! Probably 40-50Mph.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eagle19 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2020, 12:15 AM   #7
Eagle19
Ten Point
 
Eagle19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Every where in Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
Yes.

Picture must have been taken in the month of the competition, June 2020.

Also, there will be a separate entry thread on June 1st.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awe dang. I didnít know they had to be taken within that month.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eagle19 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2020, 08:18 AM   #8
mikemorvan
Pope & Young
 
mikemorvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Haltom City
Hunt In: vetements noirs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle19 View Post
Awe dang. I didnít know they had to be taken within that month.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get out in the next 10 - 30 days and get another one! Cool shot!
mikemorvan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2020, 09:47 AM   #9
chongo
Pope & Young
 
chongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Melissa
Hunt In: Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle19 View Post
Awe dang. I didnít know they had to be taken within that month.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just an excuse to get back out on the water! That's a cool shot though!
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2020, 04:40 PM   #10
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young
 
iamntxhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: North Texas
Default

I haven't participated in a while I am going to try and get something worth submitting.
iamntxhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-25-2020, 03:09 PM   #11
El Viejo
Pope & Young
 
El Viejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Formerly Mission, now Irving
Hunt In: Where ever I can
Default

Here are a few of mine.
Attached Images
       
El Viejo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-25-2020, 03:12 PM   #12
El Viejo
Pope & Young
 
El Viejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Formerly Mission, now Irving
Hunt In: Where ever I can
Default

And a few more
Attached Images
       
El Viejo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-02-2020, 01:51 PM   #13
BlackHogDown
Ten Point
 
BlackHogDown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: NW Houston
Hunt In: Duval County, Livingston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Viejo View Post
And a few more
DQ!

"2. Entries are restricted to 1 per participant. If you post more than 1 on the thread you are automatically disqualified for that month's competition."
BlackHogDown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com