Bow season over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow season over

Well I'm sitting in my luxurious hospital suite. Had an emergency appendectomy late yesterday evening. Can't lift or pull anything over 20 lbs for the next 4-5 weeks.

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
    Well I'm sitting in my luxurious hospital suite. Had an emergency appendectomy late yesterday evening. Can't lift or pull anything over 20 lbs for the next 4-5 weeks.

That’s awful, not sure how old you are but my son just had the same surgery and was given the same timeframe. However he was feeling 100% in two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rifle

Comment

Glad to hear you’re ok!! Better than 6’ under! Hope you get back well soon

Comment

Better than the alternative!! Get well and dont be afraid to knock the dust off the ol centerfire if need be..

Comment

Wow. Glad you are ok. Crossbow?

Comment

Good luck on the recovery!

Comment

Better to be down than to be really down if it ruptured and they had to open you up to clean up the mess

Can you gun hunt?

Comment

You guys are right I wil probably look into using a light recoiling rifle and coordinating with my nephew to be around to load and help process a few deer. Haven't had time to start on doe permits yet due to flooding at my place. I had planned to spend most of the weekend filling permits. Doc told me my appendix had just ruptured just before she started cutting on me.

Comment

Bow season over

Still have 8 weeks of bow season left at my lease … Heal up and Getrdone!

Glad you got it caught and fixed up…

Comment

I had an emergency appendectomy in February the day the Snowpocalypse started. The first week or so you will be pretty tender but after that it gets easy. I took it easy for 2 weeks and after the end of the 3rd I was rockin and rolling. The only thing I would try to avoid is picking up anything heavy nothing over 30-40 lbs.

If you have someone who can load a deer for you then you will be ready to sit in the stand with any rifle in 2 weeks for sure.

Good luck on the recovery, sorry you had to go through it. It’s pretty scary in the moment feeling like your insides are going to explode.
                      Last edited by Uncle_Milty; 11-06-2021, 05:43 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

You'll have time.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

When did you start believing what Drs say. 2 weeks max.

Comment

That bites

Comment

Well an update. Finally feeling a little better. It was pretty much touch and go for awhile. My appendix perforated about 2 weeks prior to my surgery it caused several abscesses in my abdomen, the had to take out about 5' of small intestine that was damaged from the abscesses. to make things a little more challenging right before they did the surgery my appendix ruptured. This caused peritonitis i was on 3 different antibiotics for a week, my small intestine shut down from shock so i was on a liquid diet for 7 days. I lost 25lbs in a week. I feel blessed to be able to write to you guys instead of pushing up daisy's right now. Pardon any grammar issues I'm still a little loopy from the pain meds.

Comment

Working...
                              X