Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

take him out nice buck

Comment

I'de shoot. Why pass him with what you have said hes a dead deer walking anyway.

Comment

no way he is in the 130s.

Comment

That buck will not outscore your biggest if your biggest is 122".

This buck will be lucky to get to 120", probably in the 117-118" range

One thing I have learned right here on TBH is this - If you shoot him because you think the neighbors will shoot him, then there is a 100% chance that he will NOT get any bigger and pass on his genes. If you let him go in hopes of him passing on his genes and shooting him as a more mature deer then there IS a chance that it will happen. The only way you can take away ALL chances of shooting him as a bigger more mature deer is to shoot him now.

Comment

i would ground check him for sure if i got the chance. nice buck

Comment

Codie,

I agree that he is probably under 120" and that he will be a bigger deer if he gets a pass. I guess that is the decision that has to be made. If this was on my lease I would let him walk if everyone agreed to leave him alone for another year. In this location, it is a different scenario. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

He would be big for my place so i'd have to ground check him!

Comment

Originally posted by agvet2004 View Post
                  Sounds like he will not make it through this year regardless of what you do. If you would be excited to take him and he is a trophy to you, don't think twice about it. Good luck!
                  x2

Comment

If your hunting low fence then somebody is going to take him this yr unless your place is big enough to keep him from visiting your neighbor's.

Comment

I think he is 2.5 and I also think he is well under 13". I would say more like 12".

You know the deer in that area better than I do for sure but, if you choose to shoot him then good luck and I hope he makes it for you!

Comment

IT really depends on what you think. Is this a deer you would want to have mounted on your wall? If the answer is yes, shoot and don't think twice, if no then take a picture with your camera and hope to see him next year. Shooting a deer just because someone else will, isn't what I like to used as a guide. Besides it could be a kids first deer that ends up shooting it.

Comment

that deer looks 2.5 and about 115-118 to me, and I would say it is up to you. If you get an opportunity to take him and you like him then go for it.

Comment

on twenty acres and not holding deer i would definetly take him even though he is 3.5

Comment

2.5 114''-116'' if you like him shoot him I cant make that decision for you.

Your right that you cant manage 20 acres. But in all my research I have found that 100% of 2.5 and 3.5 year old buck when hung on a skinning rack gutted.....did not reach 4.5

Comment

3.5 and 117" Take him if he considered a good deer for your area or a trophy to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X