No announcement yet.

"Water" pics that didn't make it to the contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I might go B&W but changed my mind.

Nor'Easter

The Pilgrim

Drama on the Guadalupe

Current Events

Guadalupe Sundown

Comment

Couldnt get this one just quite right. Going to try again in the future...

Comment

Kevin that pic is awesome. I believe I will have to try that myself. I like the this photo section because it keeps challenging me to do better. I think we need to discuss not only lenses and Fstops but how we set up the shot... Like in my water pic I used a mirror in the sink to get that upward angle pic. I did have to flip it around some in photoshop...

Comment

Originally posted by OPC Patrick View Post
          Kevin that pic is awesome. I believe I will have to try that myself. I like the this photo section because it keeps challenging me to do better. I think we need to discuss not only lenses and Fstops but how we set up the shot... Like in my water pic I used a mirror in the sink to get that upward angle pic. I did have to flip it around some in photoshop...
          Agreed. Apparently Don sets up his shots by giving the model a couple beers and pointing him towards the pier. Sika and I just follow our dogs around. But I'm sure someone out there actually has a method to their madness.

So Kevin, how did you set that up? I was admiring some water drop pictures earlier this week, I'd like to try one myself, but I don't know the best way to pull it off.

Comment

Here are a couple....

Click image for larger version

Name:	6-2-08 019 (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	23844727

Click image for larger version

Name:	6-2-08 010 (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	23844728

Comment

Originally posted by OPC Patrick View Post
              Thanks guys, its a bit of a whip to setup and I didnt start trying until last night. Going to mess with it a bit more over the next week.

Basically I had to position the flower about 8 inches from the drop and figure out where the camera needed to be to see the flower cleanly. Setup your camera on a tripod and get to your minimum focus distance where the drop looks to be in focus. (Have to do manual and might need a macro lens. I was using my macro lens at 1:1). If you have a camera that can do live view, it helps a lot, but you basically have to try and get the flower in focus but still blur the background. I was using ~f/9-11 but next time I am going to try upwards of f/18.

Here is one more that had just a bit too much pink.

Now that I got this part of the technique down, I am going to try "in the wild" as I like my pictures to be more natural in setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                I had trouble deciding... but went with more cowbell... um clouds... yeah, that's it, clouds.

I've got a fever! and the only cure, is more cowbell!!

Comment

Yes, this one is photochopped!

Comment

Kevin, save that photo. I have future use for that water drop. I will email you.

Comment

Working...
                    X