No announcement yet.

Driving your UTV to the blind??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have done it and don't think it matters. I once pulled up and hand dipped corn out of the tailgate feeder on my Ranger into my shooting lane. One hour and 20 minutes later I was pulling a 156" 10 point out of the brush.

Comment

Another thing I need to think about is walking in from down wind. The only problem is driving through where we think the deer might be coming from. So even parking 200 yards away after feeding I still have to walk in and bust them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We use a road feeder and throw a row of corn 30 yards in front of and 3/4 of the way around this tank blind. Then park the mule right by the mesquite trees. They eat out of the road feeder too. It is in a oat field
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
          I have done it and don't think it matters. I once pulled up and hand dipped corn out of the tailgate feeder on my Ranger into my shooting lane. One hour and 20 minutes later I was pulling a 156" 10 point out of the brush.

I’ve killed a couple 150’s and some good mature 140’s out of my blinds. I can throw beer cans into the bed of my sxs from my blind. Same thing with Nilgai.

My brother has done the same. Biggest deer I’ve killed I walked in and killed him at the feeder but he was at that feeder multiple times per week.

All the other big deer I killed were not regulars at the feeder and I had limited trail cam pics but they would come to corn from my sxs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            Bunch of y’all ain’t huntin old mature bucks and it shows
            X2
            I would never get away with this on any of the places I've hunted.
            Last edited by sticknstring; 10-05-2021, 07:27 AM.

Comment

It depends on what Im hunting. If Im just watching deer and shooting pigs Im not walking any further than I want. If I really deer hunting I walk 2-300 yards minimum

Comment

Originally posted by sticknstring View Post
                X2
                I would never get away with this on any of the places I've hunted.
                There is a reason my dad and brother both on the same lease have different outcomes. My dad drives his ranger all the way to his stand and parks under it (No mature deer shot) and my brother shoots them every year and walks in...

Comment

Didn’t take the golf cart this past weekend, but they were pretty comfortable with the truck parked close.

Comment

Deer aren’t stupid. Bottom line

Comment

I used to drive my electric golf cart up to the blind including bow blind and if there were any deer in the feeder they eased into the brush but were right back in by the time we got sat down in the blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Shu View Post
                        I use a road feeder on my utv and ranch truck. There is usually deer eating it before I can get in my stand.

I forgot to mention that when I feed I always park the ranger about 200 yards away

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                          I drive in and unload my gear, spread corn around my feeder with my tailgate feeder, then drive off and hide my sxs about a hundred yards away. Many times there are deer already on the corn before I can get back to my stand.
                          This is my situation as well, but the stands I hunt from are aver 130 yards away from the stands.

Comment

Nope never

Comment

I walk in/out 100% of the time and think it makes a difference where I hunt.

Comment

I carry a big crown royal bag full of hand corn to every sit. I don’t drive anywhere near my sets in my ranch truck unless mid day and filling feeders

Comment

Working...
                                X