Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you find something soon!

Comment

Don’t take the voluntary demotion. If they demote you, they can do it against your will. That could be considered constructive dismissal and will help you an any unemployment case with the TWC.

Not a lawyer, but deal with TWC all the time. I wouldn’t even show up to the hearing if I did that as an employer. Unless they have written you up for performance, etc it would be a quick and easy charge to them

Comment

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
        It sounds to me like God led you to hiring that guy knowing that this was not the long-term place for you.

You will land in the right place. He will make it happen.

Prayers
        YES!

Have you in my prayers!

Comment

What he said!

They are cutting pay to try to get you to quit...simple..

You were hired on at certain wage and unless I'm mistaken you are still doing what you were hired on to do.. if they force to quit then you cant draw the unemployment.

If I'm you I'm taking high road and find another gig... but I'm not familiar w your situation and it may be best for you to stick it out

Jobs are plentiful now

Comment

Wait so they want to promote someone who misled their experience on their resume when they were hired? If it were the other way and they said they had 10 years of experience to get hired when they only had 1 year, they would be trying to fire said person. I wouldn’t want to work for a company that would do something like that. You’re doing what you need to do for yourself in the meantime but I might be inclined to bring that up…

Comment

We all want to think we'd tell the man to take this job and shove it, you need to do what's right for you and your family first. You know what that is, better than we do. Stay strong brother, it ain't easy doing right.

Comment

All I can say is that you are on the right track. When you are a Christian there is always a line that can’t be crossed.
                Apparently honesty is not important to the employer either so you’re better off setting your site somewhere else.
                Praying you land the perfect place and soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Need Advice ASAP

Originally posted by txbowman12 View Post
                  Don’t take the voluntary demotion. If they demote you, they can do it against your will. That could be considered constructive dismissal and will help you an any unemployment case with the TWC.

Not a lawyer, but deal with TWC all the time. I wouldn’t even show up to the hearing if I did that as an employer. Unless they have written you up for performance, etc it would be a quick and easy charge to them

Seriously? His employer might be a piece of crap but the answer is go find another job. Telling him to try and claim it was unfair and get unemployment is part of what’s wrong with the world today. They/he found someone more qualified so he was demoted….it happens even though it sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Who would want to work for a ****** bag company and people like that. Hopefully they get exactly what they deserve. You are correct in looking for employment else where. I would also encourage others you hired to jump ship. Being a nice guy does has its limits. Good luck on your new adventures.

Comment

Prayers Up. Good Luck on your new job.

Comment

Don't willingly take the demotion. Make them do it or lay you off or fire you. Whatever they do, ask for the reason and get it in writing and/or record the conversation (very legal in Texas).

Your time there is limited. Hopefully you'll get unemployment.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                          Seriously? His employer might be a piece of crap but the answer is go find another job. Telling him to try and claim it was unfair and get unemployment is part of what’s wrong with the world today. They/he found someone more qualified so he was demoted….it happens even though it sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Two things. First, no where in there did I say to not go find another job, that had been covered multiple times by previous responses. What hadn’t been addressed was not to give away all his options by signing something saying he was taking his demotion and pay cut.

Secondly, you and I will have to agree to disagree that getting unemployment in the event the employer actually pulls this ****ty move is “what’s wrong with the world today”. I would argue the opposite, employers having too much leverage is the reason all the middle class jobs of yesteryear are currently in China or other low labor cost countries, which has lead to the creation of a much larger lower class that doesn’t see any way out from their situation than voting for more government support.

He was hired to do a job at a rate of pay, presumably he is doing his job, but now because the company found someone different they should be able to tank his financial stability right in front of the holidays? Or he should have to rush out and find a potentially subpar job because he got the rug pulled on him? If he can find a great job then terrific, he should go take it, but he should not have to bear the cost of his employers decision, the employer should.

If I buy something from you on the classifieds, then two months later find a better deal, I guess I can just message you asking for the difference in price? Not a big deal, happens all the time right? Just go sell it to someone else. That’s what you are suggesting

Comment

Hate to hear that. As an employer when I find gaps in a resume’ it makes me very suspicious. They will likely get exactly what they deserve from the guy based on the way they treat people.

Check your PM’s

Comment

Based on what you said earlier, it sounds like you are experienced with trades, construction, rehabs, etc. With that being said, have you considered assembling your own team and putting yourself out in the free market? You can do it brother. I've seen folks do this and do well. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving.

Comment

I personally wouldn't stick around based on the facts provided.

My advice. First, be honest with yourself and check to see if your ego is getting in the way. Does the company have a point? Is this other guy better qualified than you? Do his qualifications mean he should have your job? If you can take a step back and objectively evaluate the situation, that should give you some clarity. If you evaluate the situation, and determine this company isn't the place for you then:

Plan your exit strategy. Execute your exit strategy. That means, you keep working there and giving 100% until you find your next job. Keep being the leader of the group. If they demote you and you are not ready to exit, then keep giving 100%, even in your new position. If new guy screws up, then maybe they start looking at you again as his replacement. Then, when the time is right to finally leave the company, give them ample notice, and leave as planned. Make it hurt for them when you finally leave.

They are clearly acting like poor business leaders. And their tactics will come back to bite them (save a buck now, pay 10 later). But if you bail on them and act just as childish as they act, you will be no better than they are.

Comment

Working...
                                X