Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    I never said they needed to.

As far as finding a better place to hunt, that option is open if one ever becomes available in my price range.

They are few and far between.

Thank goodness for organization like TYHP or some Dads would never get a opportunity at a nice hunt.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

I wish I would have known about TYHP back when my boys were growing up. I took my stepdaughter on a few of those hunts. She’s killed more deer with her bow than her 3 brothers combined. They had to hunt East Texas timberland. They didn’t get any Archery kills until they were adults. They learned how to patiently hunt though.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      Good luck on your hunt with your daughter. Did you buy the air bow from a member here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Traded a crossbow on here about 2 years ago.

Comment

Traded a crossbow on here about 2 years ago.

I bought an air tank from a guy on here that was trying to sell a brand new air bow about that time. Can’t remember his username though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
          Never used an airbow. My daughter is 10. She'll be using a crossbow during youth in January. Is an airbow easier than a crossbow to manage the size, weight and operation for your daughter? Good luck to y'all!

Way easier to manage. Only two inches wide at most. No limbs to worry about. Bull pup design so short and maneuverable.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            I bought an air tank from a guy on here that was trying to sell a brand new air bow about that time. Can’t remember his username though.

Might be the same guy if it was around the Santa fe area. I wish I had a air tank. The hand pump can be a workout for these PCPs.

Comment

Don't go crawfishing now. It's not like I got that quote from someone else's thread.

So far on this thread I'm a up thight, anti gun, child spoiler that wants to let thier kids shoot illegal deer. And, I suck *** as bow hunter.

And, nobody has even answered the original question.

Fishing dude answered it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                Fishing dude answered it

I don't think he did. The question was " has anyone taken a deer with one". That is a yes are no answer maybe followed by a little commentary.

He simply stated a fact about the legality of airbows during archery season. Witch that was never in question to begin with. Then he went on to offer up his opion on youth archery.

While making for a great thread and giving me something to do while sitting in this tree, he never did answer to original question.

Comment

I have never taken a deer with an airbow..

Mission accomplished..

Comment

Good luck to you and your kiddo!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Mission accomplished..
                      Thank you Jason. Close the thread please.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Mission accomplished..
                        But I thought you did. And put down a Mc Ribb while doing it

Comment

I’ve never done it either. Don’t own an airbow. Don’t even see the point of having one of you can’t use it during bow season.

It’s not really a “bow kill” if she gets a deer with it is it?

If your lease is Archery only and the State says airbows are not allowed for Archery season then is it even legal where you’re hunting?

I assume it is. Looks like it would be fun to shoot. Even simpler to use for kids than a crossbow.
                          Last edited by AntlerCollector; 11-21-2021, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Thank you Jason. Close the thread please.

Glad I could be of service..

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            But I thought you did. And put down a Mc Ribb while doing it

You definitely have mistaken for somebody else with the McButthole sandwich. Maybe McCurt..

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              I’ve never done it either. Don’t own an airbow. Don’t even see the point of having one of you can’t use it during bow season.

It’s not really a “bow kill” if she gets a deer with it is it?

If your lease is Archery only and the State says airbows are not allowed for Archery season then is it even legal where you’re hunting?

I assume it is. Looks like it would be fun to shoot. Even simpler to use for kids than a crossbow.
                              Just my personal opinion. I wouldn't consider it a bow kill.

I believe the intention of the lease rules are to limit the projectile travel distance because it is a small lease. Crossbow are ok, so I would think the same arrow propelled by any legal means would be ok.

Comment

Really at the end of the day dead is dead. If it makes you happy go for it. It's the same with fishing jigs or minnows. Croakers or corky bla bla have fun life is so short. Tomorrow you might be drooling in a bucket.

Comment

Working...
                                X