No announcement yet.

If This Ol Wood Burning Stove Could Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats wicked cool. I just love old stuff from back when. Especially stuff that’s been used by family.

We have an antique miniature “show and tell” type stove here at the house. It was taken from town to town in late 18 and early 1900’s in wagons by salesman. Its missing one foot but the whole thing needs restored as well and is actually functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's awesome Johnny and cool to have a piece of family history back then. It was definitely a much simpler way of life in those times and I would imagine so much better.

Comment

Great story. It don’t get much better than that.

Comment

Good stuff, looks great

Comment

Awesome story! How were you able to photoshop all the Mossy Oak and Realtree out of those pics?

Comment

That wood burning stove belongs with your family, but it almost got away. Glad to hear you and your dad made sure the family hunting stove remains in its rightful place. Great restoration of this wonderful old stove. Here’s hoping you and your family keep on telling hunting stories as you gather around that stove for many more years.

Comment

What a great story, thanks for sharing. Love the old black and white pictures too.

Comment

Great piece and even better story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope you enjoy it to its fullest, awesome story.

Comment

Cool where you going to put it?

Comment

Looks great! Just curious about the restoration, did your buddy sandblast all of the rust off, down to bare metal, and then repaint?

Comment

Thats pretty cool. I know where one like that is sitting that needs about that much work. Where is this guy that fixed up for you at?

Comment

Super Awesome! Great story and pics MrJohnny. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the old amd new memories that thingll warm up.

Comment

Awesome story! The history is just neat. Glad you got it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Pretty awesome stuff, Johnny! That ol stove looked really good for 40 years outside...looks even better now.

Where are you gonna put it now?
                                Originally posted by Killer View Post
                                Cool where you going to put it?
                                I have a good sized screen in back porch coming off my back bedroom that is absolutely useless. Next year the plan is to close it in with with an ol school log cabin look for the interior. Everything inside this room will be rustic and this stove will go in the corner with a good view overlooking the back acreage. Gonna aim for something like this...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X