Lever Gun Scope Mount/Scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lever Gun Scope Mount/Scope

Getting a Marlin 30-30 here soon and want to throw a scope on it, any have a short-mid range scope they have been happy with on their lever action?

If opting for a scope on a lever .30-30, I recommend a LPVO configuration optic. Something like a 1-6x24. It allows for more precise longer shots while also offering faster, quick acquisitioning if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
      If opting for a scope on a lever .30-30, I recommend a LPVO configuration optic. Something like a 1-6x24. It allows for more precise longer shots while also offering faster, quick acquisitioning if necessary.
      Yessir, was looking at some of Vortex's options for LPVOs.

Comment

I am looking at putting on a leupold M8 6x , model 94 30wcf
        My grandma and grandpa had weaver 4x on theirs

Comment

I don't think long range, is a problem with most glass, or this caliber.
          It's a great deer rifle.
          But, I think quick eye resolution, is a must. Cause most of your
          targets, are gonna be at the closer ranges..
          IMHO.......

Comment

I purchased two of the leupold 1.5-4x20 with Moa ring reticle. I put one on my uncles marlin 30-30 and he really likes it. He was having issues seeing the buckhorn sights and this was a huge improvement for him. I’m throwing the idea around of putting the other one on an ar. I would think it is plenty of magnification out to a 100 yds.

Comment

Originally posted by blfx4 View Post
              I purchased two of the leupold 1.5-4x20 with Moa ring reticle. I put one on my uncles marlin 30-30 and he really likes it. He was having issues seeing the buckhorn sights and this was a huge improvement for him. I’m throwing the idea around of putting the other one on an ar. I would think it is plenty of magnification out to a 100 yds.
              Will have to take a look at that one, thanks!

Comment

I have a very old Weaver (made for Sears JC Higgins) 2 1/2 power on my 30-30. Longer eye relief. Works good for 30-30 ranges.

Comment

I asked this question here several years ago and got some great suggestions. I went with a Leupold 1.5x4 for my Henry All-Weather. Been very pleased with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    I asked this question here several years ago and got some great suggestions. I went with a Leupold 1.5x4 for my Henry All-Weather. Been very pleased with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Love the ammo holder.
                    Where did ya get it ?

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                      Love the ammo holder.
                      Where did ya get it ?
                      I found it on Etsy. Some leatherworks guy in eastern Europe - Romania maybe. It took forever to get here but it is very well made. I'll see if I can find a link

Comment

I put a Romeo 5 red dot on mine, really like it for a tracking gun.

Comment

Originally posted by blfx4 View Post
                          I did the same for my 336.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            I found it on Etsy. Some leatherworks guy in eastern Europe - Romania maybe. It took forever to get here but it is very well made. I'll see if I can find a link
                            Thanks, Friend
                            The way things get delivered today, I'd be lucky to get it..
                            But, I sure like it. I've seen the elastic type. But they look cheap.
                            And, I want a good one. My old 30/30 derserves the best.
                            She's been good to me

Sorry op,..didn't mean to steal.

Comment

I found a older 4x Redfield Wideview for mine

Comment

Working...
                              X