No announcement yet.

Thoughts on shot placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very informative and can help us avoid a lot of disappointment going forward!

Comment

Originally posted by RUNNING BEAR View Post
      Are we looking at the same picture???
      I wasn’t to far off was I ?

Comment

Are we looking at the same picture???
        I wasn’t to far off was I ? Had they not waited and pushed that deer instead, they most likely would not have recovered him.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
          I wasn’t to far off was I ? Had they not waited and pushed that deer instead, they most likely would not have recovered him.
          OP said deer didn’t go far, and they got him. You seemed pretty pessimistic the shot would yield a filled tag.

We can call this one a push.

Comment

OP said deer didn’t go far, and they got him. You seemed pretty pessimistic the shot would yield a filled tag.

We can call this one a push.
            … the shot didn’t yield a filled tag.

The second one in the shoulder did

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

Yup

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

So you finish off a bedded down deer and the first shot is NOT the reason for the chain of events????

That’s like saying the arrow didn’t kill the deer, but a lack of blood did.

Whatever bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Yup
                  Yeah, he should have been smart and never shot that first arrow and just walked up to that bedded down deer and shot the second arrow that did all the work.

Logic can be hard.

Comment

Yeah, he should have been smart and never shot that first arrow and just walked up to that bedded down deer and shot the second arrow that did all the work.

Logic can be hard.

Take the loss dude....nobody even came close to referencing the first shot shouldn't have been taken. Don't be a drama queen.

The first arrow slowed him down no doubt....But we've all seen deer recover from better shots. Those shots in the front of the lower guts behind the heart can go either way. The second shot put him away plain and simple. And as the guy you quoted questioning his eye sight, saying he was very lucky recover that deer, he was VERY lucky to get a second shot. Many folks who hit a deer there or other bad spots don't. If you'd like a moral victory participation trophy for the first arrow allowing him to get close enough for a second shot knock yourself out. Hang the banner on your wall...
                    Last edited by Smart; 11-13-2021, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Take the loss dude....nobody even came close to referencing the first shot shouldn't have been taken. Don't be a drama queen.

The first arrow slowed him down no doubt....But we've all seen deer recover from better shots. Those shots in the front of the lower guts behind the heart can go either way. The second shot put him away plain and simple. And as the guy you quoted questioning his eye sight, saying he was very lucky recover that deer, he was VERY lucky to get a second shot. Many folks who hit a deer there or other bad spots don't. If you'd like a moral victory participation trophy for the first arrow allowing him to get close enough for a second shot knock yourself out. Hang the banner on your wall...
                      Get but hurt much? What win and trophy are you even talking about?

I thought it was a good shot and the member I originally quoted thought it was a poor shot.

I admit it wasn’t as good as I thought but it did end in a dead deer, so how can anyone argue with results.

Pointing out that the follow up shot on a wounded deer is the shot that finished him off adds no value as it’s obvious. With that kind of insight you should quit your day job and go work for the Outdoor Channel. You can educate tens of pro hunters!

Comment

Pointing out that the follow up shot on a wounded deer is the shot that finished him off adds no value as it’s obvious. With that kind of insight you should quit your day job and go work for the Outdoor Channel. You can educate tens of pro hunters!

Absolutely hilarious you suggesting I am butthurt....... after looking at your butthurt replies to Low Fence and I earlier and here.. Nice redirect.

I thought it was a good shot and the member I originally quoted thought it was a poor shot.

I admit it wasn’t as good as I thought but it did end in a dead deer, so how can anyone argue with results.

You misspelled "I was wrong"...

Comment

Absolutely hilarious you suggesting I am butthurt....... after looking at your butthurt replies to Low Fence and I earlier and here.. Nice redirect.

You misspelled "I was wrong"...
                          Dude, it’s ok. You were being a smarty pants on the internet and got called out on it. Don’t let it ruin your Sunday.

Comment

Thoughts on shot placement

Dude, it’s ok. You were being a smarty pants on the internet and got called out on it. Don’t let it ruin your Sunday.

Amazingly that is exactly what several of us thought when you said “are we looking at the same picture” and then tried to cover it by calling it a push. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

My Sunday is great. My buck for the year is at the taxi, Cowboys play at noon … and pig hunting with bow at 5pm for one of these tanks. You need to go to the back of ASU-Indian’s class.[emoji23]

Comment

So you finish off a bedded down deer and the first shot is NOT the reason for the chain of events????

That’s like saying the arrow didn’t kill the deer, but a lack of blood did.

Whatever bro.
                              Attached Files

Comment

OP

Thanks for a thread that teaches those willing to learn! And reminds those that need a tune up! Shooting the wrong spot thinking it’s the “right spot” is probably not far behind simply missing your mark with new archers

All these 3D targets we have shot for years has led most to believe that it you hit the front HALF of the deer, it will just walk over and die. The hunter in this pics understanding of the situation allowed for the POSSIBILITY of a happy ending

Note: if you center punch the guts…. Nothing but gut, the animal WILL DIE, now if you can put your tag on it……. Lot of “chain links” in that “event”

Comment

Working...
                                X