Insane Processing Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insane Processing Costs

My dad was looking into Rockwall Deer Processing for his buck from this weekend, and the prices have skyrocketed this year. I understand about inflation, but this is absurd. My local place has gone up a couple % on their prices, not doubled them. $9 a lb for sausage, $80 per quarter processing fee, etc etc. is laughable. I’m still paying $3.09 a lb for smoked sausage, $3.59 for jalapeño and cheese. And this isn’t the thread to argue about the merits of processing stuff yourself. This is about calling out a company for vastly over-inflating their prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bullets13; 11-09-2021, 02:29 PM.

Wow, they must mix with Wagyu beef.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
      Wow, they must mix with Wagyu beef.
      I figured they cut the venison with unicorn meat or something, but i guess it could be wagyu.

Comment

I just paid $180 for a big doe to be processed at Jackson's in Crosby. 5 day turn around. Got back like 44 packs total. 20 burger and 24 sausage links. Those prices are absurd. Here is what Jackson's charges for reference. Jackson's charges $1.00lb for breakfast sausage and $1.50lb for link sausage.
        Attached Files

Comment

Last year I did my own everything for the first time because the prices for what I received was terrible. I won’t go back

Comment

That Rockwall processor has already been called out for bad quality and pricing before so them going up even higher is no surprise to me. I wouldn't go to this place just based off off of the reviews of quality alone add in the price and its a wonder how they are still in business.

Comment

Picked up 40lbs of dried sausage (57 links) yesterday from Stonewall Smokehouse. THe stuff is soooo good. I think they got me for .75 x $40 for boning 3 quarters, and $4.75 per pound for the sausage. No complaints from me! Those prices up there are ludicrous.

Comment

Glad to see they don’t accept ungutted animals , that is a huge pet peeve of mine
                Seeing stuff coming in that was killed earlier and not cleaned
                Lazy *** hunters prefer to pay $50 to gut

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  Picked up 40lbs of dried sausage (57 links) yesterday from Stonewall Smokehouse. THe stuff is soooo good. I think they got me for .75 x $40 for boning 3 quarters, and $4.75 per pound for the sausage. No complaints from me! Those prices up there are ludicrous.
                  I could not agree with you more about Stonewall Smokehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper33 View Post
                    That Rockwall processor has already been called out for bad quality and pricing before so them going up even higher is no surprise to me. I wouldn't go to this place just based off off of the reviews of quality alone add in the price and its a wonder how they are still in business.
                    I've been one that called Rockwall processing out in the past and will continue to do so. Slow processing (like 3 months to get meat back), expensive and definitely not worth what they charge. They have done one deer for me, never again.

Comment

That is nuts! I hope the marketplace decides they are nuts as well.

Comment

I use Gibson’s in port neches. Their stuff is excellent and their prices are reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          Last year I did my own everything for the first time because the prices for what I received was terrible. I won’t go back
                          And you’ll know it’s your deer ... not someone else’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                            I’m trying dried sausage this year and if I can figure that out I’ll be in heaven

Comment

Bayco in Seymour has stayed pretty consistent thankfully.

Comment

Working...
                              X