Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Own land other than primary residence..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have 22 acres about 45 miles from our house in Sugar Land. Since COVID, we are 90% at the country property. Not as many deer as there used to be since a lot of the woods around us are gone. Still lots of pigs and an occasional nice buck.

Comment

I bought land 2.5 hours away. Made that drive for 2 years. Moved an hour closer to it and like it a lot more. I can run out there for a day trip and it’s not too much driving. I wouldn’t want to live any farther than 100 miles.

Comment

I have two small places, 75 acres and 70 acres…hour and 15 minutes away….gonna retire there soon

Comment

My wife and I live in Rosenberg, but we are in the process of closing on 10 acres in Old Washington, TX. Plan on moving there and building a house in a couple of years. Can’t wait to get out of the city. It is currently ag exempt and we look forward to keeping the exemption current as long as we live.

Comment

I don't mean to hijack the thread at all but I believe the answer would help OP, so please forgive me.

Where is the best place to search for land in multiple counties? Seems the two big dogs, lands of Texas and land watch both only allow you to search in one county. How are yall finding the land yall are buying?

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
              I don't mean to hijack the thread at all but I believe the answer would help OP, so please forgive me.

Where is the best place to search for land in multiple counties? Seems the two big dogs, lands of Texas and land watch both only allow you to search in one county. How are yall finding the land yall are buying?

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk
              I've been checking every real estate site there is..

I've rechecked around where I live. My wife and I are OFFICIALLY priced out of the market locally.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

maintaining 2 homes is a headache worth having

Comment

We purchased just under 200 acres of unimproved land about 16 years ago. It did have a well and electricity. It is just under 2 hours from the house. We used it as recreational property for hunting and fishing when the boys were young. We added a couple of attached parcels to bring it up to close to 300 acres. I had hoped to build a house on the property but the wife wasn't so keen. We ended up buying a lake house that is less than 30 minutes away from the property as a compromise. I don't hunt it as much as I used to and plan to use it as a place to keep me busy during retirement; whenever that may be.

Comment

OP, we found our place in 2016 in corsicana on zillow. made an offer within about 2 days. we were very lucky.

If you have the drive, then go on the tax sites and find properties that fit your general criteria and write them letters to see if they may sell. you can also search this site. http://taxsales.lgbs.com/

BTW, nice crappie in your pic! let me know if you need a fishing partner sometime! it's my favorite fish to hunt...

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                      Now, with all that being said.

How far are yall from these properties?
                      I live in east TX and have a house and 380 acres in NW Oklahoma that’s about 8 hours away.

Comment

I live in Texas and bought land in Oklahoma 3 years ago. My place is about 2:15hr from my house. It’s been an absolute amazing adventure. Land is still affordable in Oklahoma unlike Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
                          I live in Texas and bought land in Oklahoma 3 years ago. My place is about 2:15hr from my house. It’s been an absolute amazing adventure. Land is still affordable in Oklahoma unlike Texas!
                          How is hunting in Oklahoma? Are you still considered a non resident?

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                            Now, with all that being said.

How far are yall from these properties?

A little under two hours. Wanna get back up to College Station then I’d still be 43 miles.

Comment

There is still three 10.1 acre lots for sale by me. I would love to have management minded folks buy those properties. A couple from Tennessee bought the 10 that borders me. Developer is putting a road in, water and power coming. You gotta pay for your own drops. He will build you an entry gate and throw in 8 hours of mulching with purchase. I wished it woulda been dozer work for 8 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                                How is hunting in Oklahoma? Are you still considered a non resident?
                                Hunting in OK is hard and can be intimidating. Big woods, topography changes fast.. big deer, but density is bleehhh compared to other places. Its basically hunting east texas with pretty views.

Comment

Working...
                                X