2021 Handgun Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
    I’ve actually considered selling this one. Smith PC 44 with vortex venom 3MOA rds. It’s one helluva good shooting handgun. Only thinking of selling it to build funds for an FA in 41 mag. Shoot me a PM if you’d like to discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PM sent

Comment

44 mag

I'm taking this Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter in 44 rem mag for opening day. Shot it out to 75 yards the other day to zero and practice.

Just got it back from being worked over from Tyler Gun Works and the trigger and lock up are definitely next level now. I need to work on my consistency with my grip and trigger press but the top right diamond is 4 at 50 yards and 75 yards mixed in together.

This cooler weather is getting me excited!
      Attached Files

Comment

I’ve actually considered selling this one. Smith PC 44 with vortex venom 3MOA rds. It’s one helluva good shooting handgun. Only thinking of selling it to build funds for an FA in 41 mag. Shoot me a PM if you’d like to discuss.

Hit me up when you get ready for the FA 41 mag. I’ve got a premier model 97 7.5 inch I’m going to be selling.

Comment

Originally posted by cb4128 View Post
          I'm taking this Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter in 44 rem mag for opening day. Shot it out to 75 yards the other day to zero and practice.

Just got it back from being worked over from Tyler Gun Works and the trigger and lock up are definitely next level now. I need to work on my consistency with my grip and trigger press but the top right diamond is 4 at 50 yards and 75 yards mixed in together.

This cooler weather is getting me excited!
          Nice! Good luck with it! No excuses for missing now, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            Hit me up when you get ready for the FA 41 mag. I’ve got a premier model 97 7.5 inch I’m going to be selling.
            Sure wish it was an 83! I'd be all over this.

Comment

It arrived! Custom BFR in 44 magnum built by Bayside Custom Guns. Picked it up yesterday. Didn’t have much time to work with it so I took what I had loaded and headed off for a quick range session. After getting it close at 25, I backed up to about 60 yards for a final 3 shots. Not bad for the first time out with it. This should work well on our behemoth Texas deer.

Comment

Outstanding morning. Broke the new Bayside BFR 44 in on two hogs. Both were at about 65 yards. Pass through on both with a hand loaded xtp. Shot the bigger sow first who fell instantly. About 2 minutes later the little boar came back and decided to take a dirt nap as well.

Comment

Nice looking rig you got there Randy! Good shooting!

Comment

Nice looking revolver. Looks like you found a load the hand cannon likes & the hogs hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      PM sent

Comment

Outstanding morning. Broke the new Bayside BFR 44 in on two hogs. Both were at about 65 yards. Pass through on both with a hand loaded xtp. Shot the bigger sow first who fell instantly. About 2 minutes later the little boar came back and decided to take a dirt nap as well.

Cool revolver and great shooting Randy, you will have no problem with “our behemoth Texas deer”, good luck.

Comment

Awesome job Sir!

Y’all have some nice steel hammers!!!

Comment

Sight alignment practice while I'm waiting for one with large head bones. Glock 20 with xtp handloads

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Pistol buck

I was able to catch up with one of our target bucks, a big old, wide 8 point.

One shot at 30 yards with my 44 Rem mag and 240gr XTP’s through the lungs and he was down. He weighed 200 lbs and had a really cool chocolate rack on him. Very cool buck and a great way to start the season!
                              Attached Files

Comment

What would you say is the minimum caliber for deer & pigs out to 30 yds from a ground blind?

Comment

Working...
                                X