No announcement yet.

People with no car insurance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have dealt with it twice-both times came out and nothing happened to the drivers. I just don’t understand it when there are no consequences for not following the law

Comment

Glad you okay. You could always sell the catalytic converter to recoup some of your loss. And that does such

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        Glad you okay. You could always sell the catalytic converter to recoup some of your loss. And that does such

Suck

Comment

I work in Garland Texas, and have been tapped twice by people with no insurance. Now my new Tundra stays in the garage and I drive a beater driver car. Hope you find a nice replacement for the Taco.

Comment

Man that sucks. Hate to see that but glad you’re ok. Have been in that situation twice so far as both times nothing happened to them. Unfortunately it’s a common way of life now. My wife’s Medical assistant had a brand new 2021 Chevy truck that had no insurance. She bought it, and then let the insurance lap after a few payments. It’s what most people do apparently

Comment

Do you have uninsured motorist coverage. Your insurance should take care or everything.

Comment

The uninsured should go straight to jail if involved in an accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  Do you have uninsured motorist coverage. Your insurance should take care or everything.
                  Yes, I have collision, uninsured, under insured coverage. But, there is no way I won't lose thousands of dollars on a totalled vehicle. Especially with Tacoma prices having gone nuts with the lack of production of new and used prices skyrocketing.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                    Have dealt with it twice-both times came out and nothing happened to the drivers. I just don’t understand it when there are no consequences for not following the law
                    Let one of us hard working people try it...I bet we don't just get to walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                      I’d get booted off of here if I commented how I really felt
                      I suspect, it's only gonna get worse, in time to come.

Comment

Its only going to get worse....for many reasons. Some mentioned above.

Comment

BigJohn

You can initiate a “crash case” with DPS to get her DL suspended. You send a copy of the police report, proof she caused more then $1000 in damages and if possible written confirmation she did not have insurance.

Within 20 days of notice she can request a hearing to contest it (but unlikely to work in your case). Once DPS confirms it the DL is suspended.

A victim of an uninsured driver can also file suit. If you get a judgment that they do not pay, you can have DPS suspend their drivers license.

I had a guy almost kill my wife and that SOB never got his DL back.

Feel free to send a PM if you want any help.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                            I’d get booted off of here if I commented how I really felt
                            Me too Leemo!🤬

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
                              Me too Leemo!🤬
                              You just have to add staying away from older model cars w dents all over them to your defensively driving skill!

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac View Post
                                BigJohn

You can initiate a “crash case” with DPS to get her DL suspended. You send a copy of the police report, proof she caused more then $1000 in damages and if possible written confirmation she did not have insurance.

Within 20 days of notice she can request a hearing to contest it (but unlikely to work in your case). Once DPS confirms it the DL is suspended.

A victim of an uninsured driver can also file suit. If you get a judgment that they do not pay, you can have DPS suspend their drivers license.

I had a guy almost kill my wife and that SOB never got his DL back.

Feel free to send a PM if you want any help.
                                There's a lot of people driving w/o insurance. There's also a bunch of people driving w/o valid licenses. Insurance and licenses are for those that choose to get them.

Comment

Working...
                                X