Frustrated with Kimber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated with Kimber

I ordered a 257 Roberts from Kimber on 6/5/20. I’m still trying to get this rifle. I’ve talked to the SG&A Mgr. where I bought the gun and the Kimber rep but was told because of the pandemic they were having issues but couldn’t tell me when I could get it. So I then decided to email the Marketing Director to see if he could help. He sent customer service to answer me which they didn’t know anything either. So I talked to the Kimber Rep and he was going to email the Rifle Manager and cc me about when I should get it. He never did. The Kimber Rep did text me that they were planning on getting something started but the issue was going to be the wood stock. Well I ended up sending a email to someone I saw on LinkedIn that said he was the rifle Manager and didn’t receive a reply. I just got a call from The customer service supervisor and he told me it’s not even on the production schedule and he said expect it being started “sometime” in 2022. So much for customer service.

I'd have to pull that order and go another route. Just the bs you've gone through I wouldn't want to carry the thing. Plenty of other manufacturers out there that won't give you the run around.
    I hate to hear it.

Comment

What’s so special about that rifle to wait that long?

Comment

Cancel the order & get a REAL Kimber of Oregon rifle...I wouldn't want a yonkers gun anyway.

PM me if you decide to go this route...I know a couple of guys who can help find what you want. I'm sure the the 257 bob from oregon is rather rare, but would be a much better investment & shooter.

Comment

Cancel!

Comment

Cancel.. you’ll probably be really frustrated when you get the gun after 3 years and it shoots 3” groups

Comment

Might check Gunbroker. There are currently several Kimber rifles in .257 Roberts, though they might not be in the model you’re looking for.

Comment

I would cancel that order right now ! No way I would put up with that bull shot runaround.

Comment

Cancel that order. Kimber ain't that good anyway. And it's sure not worth waiting two years for.

LWD

Comment

Since no one else had the cajones to tell you, I'm just gonna come out and say it.... cancel!

That's sorry of them.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah cancel order.

Comment

Total BS. The “pandemic” has just become a catch all excuse for people to not do anything.

If they knew the issue was going to be the wood stock, they should have contacted you immediately and offered to let you switch to a quality synthetic stock instead, or told you they will build it with an injection molded one and ship out the wood one whenever it was available.

Comment

There’s no way in heck a Kimber is worth a 2 month wait much less a 2 year wait. Pistol or rifle.

Comment

Working...
                          X