Hoyt Satori- anyone use them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoyt Satori- anyone use them?

Every bow I've looked at getting pretty far out....would be October at best before I got the bow.

Wanted to get shooting before then, so i went to our local shop and they ordered a Satori to try out.

For those not familiar, its sort of a modern recurve; a machined aluminum riser with maple/carbon limbs.

He suggested a 19" riser so total A.O.L is gonna be right at 62", which is longer than i wanted but I'm gonna go with his advice.

They had one in right hand so i didn't get to shoot but did handle it.

Pros: I can get the bow in about a week, and it is a takedown design which I initially wanted

Cons: its not the traditionally wooden look that i wanted, and it seems a tad heavy for a recurve.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

Satori risers are the riser that most hunting length/style risers are compared against.

They are good and hold their value well for resale. 17” and 19” are the most common for hunting applications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive had two and regret selling my first one. My biggest word of advice is buy the riser and avoid the satori limbs. They are okay but there are several sets of much cheaper and way better limbs. A set of TT carbon extremes would be my choice or a set of Uuhkas.

The satori rest setup is the best in the business as far as tuning goes IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
        Ive had two and regret selling my first one. My biggest word of advice is buy the riser and avoid the satori limbs. They are okay but there are several sets of much cheaper and way better limbs. A set of TT carbon extremes would be my choice or a set of Uuhkas.

The satori rest setup is the best in the business as far as tuning goes IMO.

This is great advice. I’ve heard the standard Satori limbs are hit or miss, but generally under performers compared to limbs of the same price.

If this is your first ILF or especially trad bow, I would buy some cheaper limbs (around $100-120).

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
          Satori risers are the riser that most hunting length/style risers are compared against.

They are good and hold their value well for resale. 17” and 19” are the most common for hunting applications.

They ordered me the 19"

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
            They ordered me the 19"

What is your draw length?

Leading Edge? Scott?

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
              What is your draw length?

Leading Edge? Scott?

yes, ordered from leading edge.

my draw length is about 26.5"

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                yes, ordered from leading edge.

my draw length is about 26.5"

You could definitely get by with a 60 or even 58 inch recurve at that draw length. That being said a longer bow will have a smoother draw and add stability. It will also sell easier if you decided to sell.

Comment

I had one and did not like the balance. It never occurred to me to put some weight on the bottom, since I have never had the urge to stick anything other than a quiver or reel on a recurve bow. If another one happens to come my way, I'll play with some small weights or stabilizers and give the bow a good try-out. If you think the balance is a little odd, you can find a bolt and some flat washers to get it balanced, then pull them off and weigh them so that it won't be a hit or miss game when you go to buy whatever contraption you desire to use to balance it.

Comment

The new satori limbs are great. I have one with a 21in riser with long limbs. Great bow and shoots great.

Comment

I have one. Don't like the satori limbs but love my uukha ex1 evo2 limbs on it.

Comment

Originally posted by PigOPs View Post
                        I have one. Don't like the satori limbs but love my uukha ex1 evo2 limbs on it.
                        What makes them better ? Just curious as I’m new to the trad stuff and own a satori with Hoyt limbs , and it shoots better than I can .

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKET View Post
                          What makes them better ? Just curious as I’m new to the trad stuff and own a satori with Hoyt limbs , and it shoots better than I can .

They draw and hold smoother and shoot faster. It has to do with the materials and design.

Comment

I bought one just see if I like the ILF thing. They have their high points, but I prefer my Bob Lee TD's. Have 2 sets of limbs for it and will be selling it soon as I get around to taking some pics.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                              I bought one just see if I like the ILF thing. They have their high points, but I prefer my Bob Lee TD's. Have 2 sets of limbs for it and will be selling it soon as I get around to taking some pics.

This is my first foray into traditional archery, so if I like it I’ll eventually get a nice wooden recurve like a bear or bob lee.

Comment

Working...
                              X