We are eating to much salt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are eating to much salt.

The FDA can`t help themselves. These F...ing idiots don`t really want to solve the problem or they would try to get people to reduce SUGAR intake and not salt. I do not think either should be regulated, but people need to understand how bad sugar and carbs are for you. I can`t believe how many times I have heard this in the last 2 days on each news cycle. God forbid the media reports on something that is newsworthy. They are so F...ing lazy.

(WJW) – The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is asking restaurants and food manufacturers to cut salt in their products. The goal is to reduce Americans’ sodium intake by 12% over the next 2.5 years. Read the FDA guidance here The FDA says more than 70% of sodium intake is from sodium added during food preparation and manufacturing.
    FDA salt guidelines

People eat at restaurants because the food tastes good. Guess what makes food taste good. lol

Comment

Yep, they don't need us dying from diabetes and high blood pressure now that their covid virus is in full swing.

Comment

They care less about health. They care about slowly pushing the citizens into believing they are king and always know what’s best for us. Unfortunately they have a large segment of the population under control already.

Comment

My doc took me off salt years ago. I can eat everything without adding salt except fried eggs. Last blood work showed me low on sodium. Doc said go ahead and use a little salt but don't get carried away! Darned if you do and darned if you don't! LOL!!

Comment

This is dumb. If there's a salt shaker on the table what do you think people are gonna do?

Comment

Lots of new studies that show salt is not the problem.
              As stated above Sugar and Carbs are the real problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

We dont use salt hardly at all anyways

Comment

Eat less, move more.

Follow that and you'll likely be fine.

Comment

THere are alot of oblivious people who do not know that the salt added from a salt shaker is not the salt/sodium that makes up such high numbers in unhealthy, quick, processed foods.

That accounts for less then 10% of overall sodium intake!!!!!

Try the sodium added to processed foods or salt added to these foods to keep them fresh. Hence canned items having so much sodium. Preserves the food

Comment

Originally posted by Richard M. View Post
                      This is dumb. If there's a salt shaker on the table what do you think people are gonna do?
                      We don't have a salt shaker on our table. I may add a little to something when it is cooking, but never add at the table. I lost my taste for salt back when I was a kid. Playing football they would give us handfuls of salt tablets at practice and during games. There were no sport drinks back then.

Comment

Salt is only an issue for people with hypertension. The FDA can go.....themselves.

Comment

Some salts have minerals, trace elements and much lower percentages of sodium chloride. Most washed table salts are in the 97-99% range of sodium chloride.

Comment

most could probably use a little less of everything they give themselves on a daily basis.

sugar and carbs can literally be done without...wish i could make that happen.

Comment

The sugar lobby is much bigger than the salt lobby apparently.

Comment

Working...
                              X