Tell me about Over/under shotguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me about Over/under shotguns

What's a middle of the road shotgun gonna cost me? I don't need a high dollar gun that I'm afraid to hunt with cause it looks to nice, but I also don't want one that's gonna knock my shoulder off each time I shoot it. What's some good brands/models to look for?
    Thanks!

Don’t buy a $400 Yildiz

Comment

Beretta or Browning

Comment

Middle of the road is going to be $1000 or so.

Skip the yildiz Daly’s and stoegers.
        IMo the next gun up from these listed above is going to be the Franchi (aspire I think). Next up will be a base model Citori then a base mode beretta. The good thing about O/U is the durability. You can buy a great used gun, save hundreds of dollars and have a gun that will last forever unless you plan on shooting sporting clays weekly!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          Don’t buy a $400 Yildiz
          Lol!!

CZ makes a decent sub $1k gun. Otherwise keep your eye on the classifieds.

Comment

Stoeger M3500

Just now realizing it says over/under... scratch that
            Last edited by Tauzin22; 09-28-2021, 01:09 PM.

Comment

I'm a Beretta fan myself. Have pounded several thousand rounds through a few and they are beast!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                Don’t buy a $400 Yildiz
                and why is that? Actually they're more than that but anyway, is a nice gun.

Comment

What is your budget??

Comment

Stick with an automatic shootgun....them two-holers are like high maintenance women!

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                      They are nice but they kick. An after market recoil pad is offered for them and it made mine much more enjoyable

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Make sure the gun fits you first. Biggest mistake in buying a shotgun is going after brand
                        someone suggests and then it does not fit. Agree with the above post so far as far as quality and fair price.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                          They are nice but they kick. An after market recoil pad is offered for them and it made mine much more enjoyable

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                          A 3/4 steel dowel in the butt adds weight and drops the kick even more. Gives them a better feel

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
                            Make sure the gun fits you first. Biggest mistake in buying a shotgun is going after brand
                            someone suggests and then it does not fit. Agree with the above post so far as far as quality and fair price.
                            Exactly right. Fit is the most important aspect if quality is the same. I can’t shoot a Beretta worth spit, but I can shoot the heck out of a Browning. They are just stocked differently.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                              Nice to look at. Will kick the snot outta you.

Comment

Working...
                              X