Slower than average Amazon delivery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slower than average Amazon delivery?

Anyone else been experiencing slower than average deliveries? I'm about to request a refund on my Prime account. Seems like everything I order lately take 2 or 3 days longer than it should.

Some thing don't come at all. I ordered a headset for my computer last month and finally canceled the order after 3 weeks. Reordered the same one and it came the next day.

Amazon, USPS, FedEe, UPS

All of them are struggling to ship things in a timely manner. Having something shipped USPS truly scares me now as I’m not sure it will actually arrive.

Good employees don’t want to work, and the ones that are working are severely overworked OR incompetent.

Comment

I’ve been seeing this with Prime for at least 6 months, probably closer to a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Amazon is not the problem. Been to a restaurant lately and witnessed how short staffed they are? Driven by an automobile dealership and noticed how many new vehicles they don't have?
        This is the new normal for now and hopefully it will smooth out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

There are hundreds if not thousands of shipping containers offshore waiting to be unloaded because CHIIIIINAAA has raised the shipping rates enormously. Punishment for Trump’s tariffs !

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
            Amazon is not the problem. Been to a restaurant lately and witnessed how short staffed they are? Driven by an automobile dealership and noticed how many new vehicles they don't have?
            This is the new normal for now and hopefully it will smooth out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
            This !!!

Comment

Yep last 2 deliveries 1 late 1 no show

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                Amazon, USPS, FedEe, UPS

All of them are struggling to ship things in a timely manner. Having something shipped USPS truly scares me now as I’m not sure it will actually arrive.

Good employees don’t want to work, and the ones that are working are severely overworked OR incompetent.
                Same - we've been experience delays with all of the carriers. 5 days or longer. And things getting rerouted across the country before coming back to Texas. Higher volume than normal due to back to school shopping.

Comment

If I order something from a seller on Amazon and they ship FedEx, I scratch them off my order list. FedEx has got to be the worst carrier there every has been, especially if your address is rural... I try to check when ordering on Amazon (or any other on line site) to see the shipping method... Overall I have still had OK service from Amazon's deliveries. It's the other carriers that some sellers use on Amazon that I have trouble with.... Heck, I ordered an item that came directly from Sweden and got it in less than a week... delivered out here in the country in the middle of nowhere by DHL's international service... Yet the post office and FedEx just cannot seem to find me!!

Comment

Seems like Amazon's inventory system might be part of the problem. If I order something that offers Prime, one day shipping, that usually means it is in stock at one of their distribution center. My last order took 4 days to just to start to ship. Almost like they were out of stock and had to wait for new stock to come in.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      There are hundreds if not thousands of shipping containers offshore waiting to be unloaded because CHIIIIINAAA has raised the shipping rates enormously. Punishment for Trump’s tariffs !
                      This is not exactly correct. China has not raised rates. China does not set rates for shipping. The freight companies have raised rates world wide as the demand is sky high. There is so much congestion at the ports that there is a vessel shortage as well as a container shortage. Add in to that some COVID issues arising again and it isn't going to be good for finding products anytime soon.

The issue the OP posted about with getting orders delivered in a timely manner may have more to do with the employee shortage stateside, but that is purely a guess on my part.

Comment

I don’t have amazon prime. But I do usually always get “free” shipping. It may take a week to get it but it is usually four or five days. I don’t see any benefits to paying for prime.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          If I order something from a seller on Amazon and they ship FedEx, I scratch them off my order list. FedEx has got to be the worst carrier there every has been, especially if your address is rural... I try to check when ordering on Amazon (or any other on line site) to see the shipping method... Overall I have still had OK service from Amazon's deliveries. It's the other carriers that some sellers use on Amazon that I have trouble with.... Heck, I ordered an item that came directly from Sweden and got it in less than a week... delivered out here in the country in the middle of nowhere by DHL's international service... Yet the post office and FedEx just cannot seem to find me!!
                          My son ordered a rather expensive set of books for his GF's b-day...fedex tracking says left at door, but ring confirms it never arrived. Guessing it got left at another residence??

Comment

I only had one shipment in the last 30 days that was a day late. What I am noticing is fewer items being offered as next day delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              My son ordered a rather expensive set of books for his GF's b-day...fedex tracking says left at door, but ring confirms it never arrived. Guessing it got left at another residence??

Yep has happened to me multiple times with FedEx! Once, they left my package (fragile electronics) sitting on a gazebo by the pond at my next door neighbor's house!! Neighbor called and tole me he saw it when he drove into his driveway... Walked over to see what it was and saw my name on it... I walked over and got it... soaking wet from the rain... Had been sitting there 2 days!! Didn't even open the box. Just put that box inside a larger one and returned it to the seller. They wanted to charge me 20% restocking charge... did a live chat with Amazon and got 100% refund! Reordered the same thing from another seller and got it in 2 days...

Comment

Working...
                              X