Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60th Knoxville Nationals

Anyone like sprint car racing?

We went to Knoxville last night for the 60th Knoxville Nationals. Some friends came up from Texas for the races. It was an awesome night of sprint car racing at the Sprint Car Capital of the World.

After last year's event was limited by Covid (they raced but no fans) the fans were out in force. The stands were completely sold out. Knoxville Raceway has 21,000 seats but with pit passes, luxury suites, and standing room there were over 30,000 sprint car fans in attendance. Knoxville, Iowa goes from population 7000 to close to 40,000 during race week.

Kyle Larson beat 10 time Knoxville National winner by 1/2 car length in the 50 lap feature.

Watch these videos.

Start of the A Feature

Fireworks at the end of the A Feature

Budweiser Clydesdales

https://youtu.be/ghnoEVAH-NA

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That is awesome. Wanted to go to the race for a long time.

Comment

Ever time I get on a dirt road, and come to a corner, I think about "setting it up for the turn".

Comment

Grew up in South Dakota at the dirt tracks. Never made it Knoxville but still love any dirt racing

Comment

Tell Bill I said HI, and maybe someday I will join you both for this event!

Comment

On my bucket list. Cool video

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd love to go to that track. I am not a fan of the push and flips. But, I love dirt track racing. In my opinion Late models are the best to watch!!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                That is awesome. Wanted to go to the race for a long time.
                It is an awesome week of sprint car racing and tailgating.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                  Tell Bill I said HI, and maybe someday I will join you both for this event!
                  Will do Glenn. We would love for you to come up for the Nationals. Hunting too.[emoji106]

Comment

My dad has a long history in the industry and did some work for the KNs- he was living up there when he passed away. One day I’m gonna make it up there for one…

Comment

Good job Larson, hate he still has to run Nascar

Comment

Love the sprints, saw the big boys in Baytown years ago and it was a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                          Good job Larson, hate he still has to run Nascar
                          He really doesn't have to run Nascar. He just wants to. He races more than any driver out there and loves it. In the last month he has won the King's Royal at Eldora (sprint cars) $175,000. The Prairie Dirt Classic in Fairbury, Illinois (super late models)$50,000. The Knoxville Nationals in Knoxville, Iowa (sprint cars) this past weekend $176,000. Then recently in Nascar throw in his win at Watkins Glen last week and 3rd at the Indy road course this past Sunday less than 24 hrs of his win at Knoxville.

He can jump in any car with different crew chiefs, different setups and he just somehow figures it out. He’s an unbelievable talent.

His nickname is "Yung Money" [emoji38]

Comment

I grew up in Iowa and went to many dirt tracks but never Knoxville. Would love to go see a race there...I bet it was incredible.

Kyle Larson is on an unprecedented run in auto racing. He is the current winner of many crown jewel events in multiple cars that may never be duplicated. Midgets, USAC sprints, Super Late Models, Winged 410 sprints, Nascar Cup....

Comment

My Dad and Brother were there!
                              I haven't been to a sprint car race in probably 15 years. I really need to go when they come to Mesquite

Comment

Working...
                              X