Deterring Vehicle Burglary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deterring Vehicle Burglary

With hunting season almost upon us it’s also vehicle burglary season. I’m working on a secure toolbox for transporting weapons and other things of value. Anything you do can be defeated but the idea is to make difficult and at least prevent the smash and grab artist. My question is has anyone had their toolbox broken into and if so how was entry made? Did they just punch the locks? I have a secondary system finished. The toolbox locks look like a weak point. But I can add a plate to prevent that.

Hers what I have done to secure the bottom portion of the box.

Attached Files
    Last edited by M16; 08-03-2021, 11:57 AM.

Don't you think they will just steal the whole truck?

Comment

This isn’t toolbox related, but after having a lease vehicle stolen last year, we have been taking the main fuses out of all of our vehicles and hiding them in a separate place than we hide the keys. We had only the keys hidden last year when they stumbled upon one of the sets.

Comment

Thieves

Originally posted by slayr View Post
        This isn’t toolbox related, but after having a lease vehicle stolen last year, we have been taking the main fuses out of all of our vehicles and hiding them in a separate place than we hide the keys. We had only the keys hidden last year when they stumbled upon one of the sets.
        How about a locking bar in the steering wheel ?

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
          I drive a GM. They only steal Ford F250’s.

Besides a GM will break down before they make it out of the parking lot according to most TBHers.

Comment

A good hamer will open that lock. As said above, they will just steal your truck knowing you have something of value in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by JFFB View Post
              How about a locking bar in the steering wheel ?
              When I was younger we forgot our "club" key once, used a hacksaw key to get it off.

Comment

Wish I knew where I could park so they would steal mine.

Comment

I stop as little as possible when going to the ranch. But something always needs to be picked up. Or having lunch. The objective is to slow them down or cause them to make enough noise to draw attention. Anything is better than having your door lock punched and possessions gone in 30 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                    Wish I knew where I could park so they would steal mine.
                    How far a drive is Houston from you?

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                      Maybe he has a Ravelco....so thats not an issue?

Comment

I like it, slow them down or at least make it more difficult! Good work!

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          I drive a GM. They only steal Ford F250’s.

Besides a GM will break down before they make it out of the parking lot according to most TBHers.
                          Well, we know they don’t float !

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            With hunting season almost upon us it’s also vehicle burglary season. I’m working on a secure toolbox for transporting weapons and other things of value. Anything you do can be defeated but the idea is to make difficult and at least prevent the smash and grab artist. My question is has anyone had their toolbox broken into and if so how was entry made? Did they just punch the locks? I have a secondary system finished. The toolbox locks look like a weak point. But I can add a plate to prevent that.

Hers what I have done to secure the bottom portion of the box.

Nobody is gonna break into that POS GM product, unless they’re gonna leave your broke *** a $10 bill to help you along.[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

OP, your preventive measure will definitely work in 99.9% of cases, I'm sure.
                              When I go hunting, I put the cased hunting rifles on the back seat of my truck and pile everything else on top. The way I look at it is, the case is fairly well hidden and they got to go through a lot of stuff, some heavy to get to it. From outside, it looks like a lot of clothes and BS stuff. I'm sure some **** has looked in over the years and didn't see anything of value.

Comment

Working...
                              X