Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Kubota tractor techs/mechanics on the GS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a L3130 that is giving me grief. Prior to last summer it has had an intermittent issue where it would try to shut off/studder while it was running. It may 2 it twice a day or once every 3 months. There is a clicking/solenoid/relay sound occurring when it happens.

Fast forward to last summer and my grandpa was using it and knocked a coolant line off the bottom of the radiator and burned the engine up. We had a brand new complete crate engine put in it and it now has 18hrs on it.

Last weekend it did the studder/clicking thing again but cleared right up. This past Saturday it did it and died completely and will not fire off. I've determined that it isn't getting fuel. New engine came with new injector pump and solenoid and I'm getting fuel to the injector pump. Tractor turns over fine.

Injector solenoid relay appears to test good. When I turn the key on I can hear the injector solenoid click but from what I am reading it has a pull-open and a hold-open side.

Since the tractor exhibited the same symptoms prior to the new engine/injection pump/solenoid I am convinced that the issue is upstream from there.

My next thought is it's something to do with a safety switch but in all my years of industrial electricity a failed safety switch usually prevents cranking. If I engage the PTO, move the shuttle, disconnect the seat switch, the tractor will not turn over so that makes me think they are all functioning fine.

I've have also read about a Operator Presence Timer switch but I can not find anything online that explains/details the logic behind this timer. They are $100 so I don't want to buy one if that isn't the problem.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Opc resets after you shut the key off so next time it will fire right up. Is this a hst or gear shift? Is it cranking but not firing off?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
      Opc resets after you shut the key off so next time it will fire right up. Is this a hst or gear shift? Is it cranking but not firing off?

Manual with shuttle. It turns over fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hmmm - for what it is worth and maybe totally irrelevant, I just had hell with mine. Took it in explained blah blah, you can't find good help anymore - they did nothing. Did lots of research, there is a plunger switch on the HST that i changed out and it is running like a champ - don't know about the manual

Comment

I would definitely rule out fuel delivery issues first and foremost. I assume you have a recent fuel filter in it and have checked the fuel lines, solenoid, etc. The clicking to me would indicate he fuel solenoid making noise so check all the things that affect it. If you don't have a service manual, one would be dandy.

I'm not sure all the parts of the tractor that affect the fuel solenoid cutout but operator presence is one for sure.

The operator presence switch, I believe, refers to the switch under the seat that cuts the engine if your posterior isn't affixed so the tractor can't run over you.
          Last edited by ken800; 08-02-2021, 09:02 PM.

Comment

The fuel solenoid has to have power to it all the time to hold it in the run position. We had one give us fits on an older Kubota diesel UTV. It can also be an ignition switch acting up. If the power ceases for any reason, it will kill the engine.

Comment

I'm not a Kubota tech, or any kind of tractor tech. So.....

I would just add that if a 12 VDC system loses a good ground, it does strange things.
              If you have any visible ground connections and they look questionable, clean and re-secure.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                I would definitely rule out fuel delivery issues first and foremost. I assume you have a recent fuel filter in it and have checked the fuel lines, solenoid, etc. The clicking to me would indicate he fuel solenoid making noise so check all the things that affect it. If you don't have a service manual, one would be dandy.

I'm not sure all the parts of the tractor that affect the fuel solenoid cutout but operator presence is one for sure.

The operator presence switch, I believe, refers to the switch under the seat that cuts the engine if your posterior isn't affixed so the tractor can't run over you.
                I had the operator presence switch go bad on mine. A jumper wire should rule that out or make for an easy fix.

Comment

Trace the fuel lines running back to the tank and make sure they're not kinked or damaged. Some tractors have fuel inlet screens in the tank, that can get clogged. You can pull the fuel line off before it enters the filter and blow air back through the line into the tank.

Comment

I run a jumper switch on mine. Too many safety switches to deal with. Solves lots of unnecessary problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X