Copperheads in TEXAS .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copperheads in TEXAS .......

I never realized copperheads were so prevalent in TEXAS. Originally from Missouri, I'm use to seeing them there. But until we killed these three at my son's ranch I had never seen one in Texas. After telling friends about my recent experience I can't believe how many they have killed in their yards.
    Attached Files

E Texas is cover up with them............

Comment

Mom and Dad bought a place 41 years ago. Never saw one in all of those years then a month ago I saw something moving in the carport behind a bucket. I went to see what is was and it was a copperhead. It got away before I was able to get something to kill it. Now I look three times before I do anything around there. If there is one there are more.

Comment

Tons of em around here!

Comment

I normally kill 2 or 3 a year here at the house. I don't kill them out in the woods but if they get up here they get killed. I get tired of the dogs getting bit.

-john

Comment

I’ve lost count of the ones I’ve killed on the walking paths in Kingwood.

I thought we had a lot of them in NW Louisiana but this place is covered up with them
            Last edited by mikebyrge; 07-20-2021, 09:35 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Plenty here in what I call central Texas. Haven’t seen one in a while here at my house, but with 5 wild cats hanging around, I don’t expect to either!!!
              But I’m sure if I walk around my place after dark, I would find a few since that’s when they come out to feed.

Comment

I learn something new every day.

My friends tell me their dogs, cats and kids have been bitten.

I've been in Texas for 29 years and on a number of deer leases around the state and until last week never saw a copperhead.

Comment

Killed several this year in NTX.

Comment

I have killed several here at my place in Lampasas county around the house.

Comment

Growing up in the piney woods of north Harry’s county they were everywhere

Killed a few in Leon county, but only on one sandy oak hill.

Comment

Seems to me, in my un-researched opinion, that copperheads account for most of the snake bites in Texas. For sure in East Texas, but there is just something about those boogers that seem to always be biting people. Rattlesnakes will at least warn you (most of the time)

Comment

we've got lots in E Texas. My wife was struck twice on the hand last year while gardening. Spent a week in ICU!

Comment

I had a lot of em on my Jack county place. I've not even heard of one in Archer county

Comment

My wife found one the other day in our flower bed. We have a lot of them in Navarro county.

Comment

Working...
                              X