The Chosen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Chosen

Has anyone tuned into to this show? I’ve been watching it and have to say it’s awesome. I’m not normally a huge fan of movies that depict or try to the Bible, but this one is as close to spot on as it can be. Zero Hollywood involved, it’s all funded by people paying it forward. I think the duck dynasty crew is a big money backer because they are always talking about the show. It’s a Show on the life of Jesus.

Either way it’s a great visual on the life of Jesus and I hope some of you if you haven’t seen it will enjoy it as much as my family has. All the seasons are on YouTube or you can screen share from your phone to your TV.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K1-FoFj8Jbo"]The Chosen | Official Trailer HD - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I have not seen it. Is it a series? Where can it be watched?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        I have not seen it. Is it a series? Where can it be watched?
        Yes, it’s a series. It can be watched on YouTube or you can screen share from your phone to your TV.

Comment

Here is a link to the app

Comment

Pretty awesome! Some of the liberty they took to make the characters, specifically John the Baptist and Matthew, come to life is pretty creative.

Comment

We watched it as a family, and loved it!

In terms of film-making and cinematography it's the best Faith based production I've seen by far!

It also plays on the Rediscover TV app on Roku.

Comment

As a believer I was skeptical. I'm not saying its 100% biblical and there obviously has to be some artistic interpretation and assumption because the writings in the Bible don't record all the incidental events. With that said, Mr. Skeptic here was vary impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                  As a believer I was skeptical. I'm not saying its 100% biblical and there obviously has to be some artistic interpretation and assumption because the writings in the Bible don't record all the incidental events. With that said, Mr. Skeptic here was vary impressed.
                  This is where I stood also. It’s the best faith based visual that I’ve seen.

Comment

It has really brought the gospels to life for me and many friends who have watched it. Very powerful. Excited for the new episode this week.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                      https://thechosen.link/1Y1R7

Here is a link to the app

Thanks

Comment

It's my understanding that it is not complete yet. I have an opportunity to see the premier of the 6th episode of season 2 this coming Wednesday, and there is more to come.
                        The Bible has so much to offer that a 2-3 hr. movie can't begin to tell the story. That is one reason the Chosen has done so well in the mini series format. It allows Dallas to develop the characters and story a lot better. They do have a tremendous team of fact checkers and have done a great job of following the Bible context.
                        I would highly recommend and encourage everyone watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                          It's my understanding that it is not complete yet. I have an opportunity to see the premier of the 6th episode of season 2 this coming Wednesday, and there is more to come.
                          The Bible has so much to offer that a 2-3 hr. movie can't begin to tell the story. That is one reason the Chosen has done so well in the mini series format. It allows Dallas to develop the characters and story a lot better. They do have a tremendous team of fact checkers and have done a great job of following the Bible context.
                          I would highly recommend and encourage everyone watching.
                          Season 2 episode 6 is what they’re on now. That’s awesome you get that opportunity.

I think I saw where Dallas said there would be 8 seasons.

Comment

Very Good show! I too was a bit skeptical at first. Staying tuned for the next series.

Happy Fathers Day

Comment

I was recently told about this show !
                              Will def have to check it out.
                              Lots of good talk about it and it’s content.
                              I heard some of it was filmed at Capernaum which is right down the road from me.

Comment

Working...
                              X