No announcement yet.

Now there is a chicken shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an excuse to raise prices and make up for lost wages. But in reality like Riverrat1 has been saying inflation is here and arrived a while back.

Comment

My chickens will be glad to hear they’re worth something.

Comment

I worked in a poultry processing plant and the turnover was horrendous under normal circumstances. With the amount of stimulus money and unemployment payments being handed out I have no doubt they are having a hard time keeping employees and causing a constraint on supply.

Comment

If you look, everyone is having a hard time hiring workers The gov't created this mess. Not surprised. They screw up everything they touch.

Comment

I own a chicken restaurant and the price is through the roof right now. last year at this time I was paying .90 per lb for bone in whole chicken. Today I paid $1.36 per lb. Whole wings to make buffalo wings are $3.20 per lb. and when you can actually get them you better stock up. Tenders normally run around $1.50 per lb. and are $2.79 now. Every week I say to myself it has to level off but it just keeps going up.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
              I own a chicken restaurant and the price is through the roof right now. last year at this time I was paying .90 per lb for bone in whole chicken. Today I paid $1.36 per lb. Whole wings to make buffalo wings are $3.20 per lb. and when you can actually get them you better stock up. Tenders normally run around $1.50 per lb. and are $2.79 now. Every week I say to myself it has to level off but it just keeps going up.
              Just do like other 3rd world countries and source your meat locally .
              Hardest part will be shaping that cat and dog to look like tenders, or wings.

Comment

I guess that explains why chicken is so expensive these days.

Comment

Not part of the chicken shortage thread, but I agree with Throwin Darts. No one wants to work. My dads wife owns a motel in the hill country. They cant get people work, cleaning rooms, or doing maintenance, or anything. 15-17.00 an hour. Some of them they even furnish a place to live. People still wont work.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                    I worked in a poultry processing plant and the turnover was horrendous under normal circumstances. With the amount of stimulus money and unemployment payments being handed out I have no doubt they are having a hard time keeping employees and causing a constraint on supply.
                    Biden is fixing the labor problem
                    With immigration policy

Comment

and the rising corn prices will not help those chicken prices either.

Comment

When a person can get $500 a week for unemployment and $300 on top of that for Covid-19 for every week, they bring home more money than they can when working. Then, when it runs out, they are allowed to file for another 6 months.
                        Then, when you couple that with the increasing grain prices, just getting the chickens grown to production size, the cost has doubled. This was on my local news just a couple days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
                          Not part of the chicken shortage thread, but I agree with Throwin Darts. No one wants to work. My dads wife owns a motel in the hill country. They cant get people work, cleaning rooms, or doing maintenance, or anything. 15-17.00 an hour. Some of them they even furnish a place to live. People still wont work.

Just two days ago I overheard a conversation involving a AAA baseball operations person who said flat out, they can't find people to hire and are running very short staffed. The labor shortage is real in certain industries for sure. I also just read an article the other day that said an economic analysis showed that the break even point is $32k/yr in annual income where it becomes more advantageous to be on unemployment/covid payments than work. With the extra money being given to the dead beats and having it extended several times by our wonderful govt, lower wage earners have been incentivized to stay home and collect welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
                            Just two days ago I overheard a conversation involving a AAA baseball operations person who said flat out, they can't find people to hire and are running very short staffed. The labor shortage is real in certain industries for sure. I also just read an article the other day that said an economic analysis showed that the break even point is $32k/yr in annual income where it becomes more advantageous to be on unemployment/covid payments than work. With the extra money being given to the dead beats and having it extended several times by our wonderful govt, lower wage earners have been incentivized to stay home and collect welfare.
                            ...and all of that money being spent is going to cripple our kids having to pay for it. Government seems to think it grows on trees.

Comment

States should have the option/power to opt out of the unemployment/covid payments. IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X