Do you have multiple bows or just one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was pretty much a 1 bow guy all my life. When I got my elite compound I kept my Mathews and it now lives at the ranch. I was entertaining the idea of getting a “ ranch recurve “ to keep here so I don’t have to worry about hauling my satori where space might be limited due to vehicles/passengers. I have looked at some travel cases that would allow for transport in the back of the truck.

Wouldn’t be looking for a real expensive bow, something in the $500ish dollar range from Bear or Martin.

Would this be a good idea or should a person stick with one bow for familiarities sake? This bow would probably never leave the ranch

I have a 3 piece Tall Tines, 5 piece Primal Tech (one riser, two sets of limbs) a two piece PT longbow and Martin Mamba. I shoot them all and although I hadn't shot the Mamba much in one week I put together a working arrow combo and killed that buck.
    If your bows are similar enough in sight window and center cut and . . . Well you get the idea. But this is after a few years of immersion in this.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a bunch of bows! But………I only practice and hunt with one. Every once in a while that “one” changes, but for me, I’m only gonna practice with what I hunt with.

Right now, the “one” is a Sarrels Blueridge longbow. It goes nearly everywhere I go!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Bisch; 10-12-2021, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Those bows come apart for a reason. The original reason was for portability. If you don't want to carry the Satori around, you could pick up a used riser and limbs or even buy a Tbow riser and some Blackmax limbs. I personally like the Samick R3 carbon foam limbs. I found a new open box set for about $175 on-line. But if the problem were mine, I'd just break the Satori down and put it in the tote bag that it came in when it comes time to travel.

Comment

4 Bows. An older Matthews Q2 that I hardly ever shoot. My recurves are 2 Bob Lee takedowns with a spare set of limbs that give me draw weights of 38#, 47#, and 57#.

I also picked up a Satori that I enjoy from time to time. HUGE sight window that makes switching between it and the Bobl Lee's a bit impoossible for good aim, but you can put a sight on the Satori!! A single 20-yard pin and I'm deadly from 5 to 25 yards.

The Bob Lee's are all 19" risers with very similar speeds, so aiming is close enough to exactly the same out to 20-yards it's no difference for me.

I'd never try to talk someone out of a Bob Lee. But if you want your house bow and ranch bow to be the same then get another Satori. They would be EXACTLY the same.

Comment

1 compound and 1 recurve for me.

Comment

Just a Triax for me

Comment

Well if we're gonna include compounds I have a Hoyt Carbon Spyder as well.

Comment

Multiple bows. I also have a wrecked left shoulder and can't shoot a single one of them right now.

Comment

Multiple.

Last time I counted (if memory serves) it was like 23 or 25.

I only ever have a couple that I shoot though. My main go to recurve, and my most enjoyable longbow.

The topic made me laugh, because I know guys (lots of them) who have 3 or 4 times more bows than I have, and maybe even more than that.

Rick

Comment

I have 3, two compounds & one recurve. I’ve been hunting with my old Reflex Charger this year.

I need to get some more gear & spend some time with my recurve.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                        Those bows come apart for a reason. The original reason was for portability. If you don't want to carry the Satori around, you could pick up a used riser and limbs or even buy a Tbow riser and some Blackmax limbs. I personally like the Samick R3 carbon foam limbs. I found a new open box set for about $175 on-line. But if the problem were mine, I'd just break the Satori down and put it in the tote bag that it came in when it comes time to travel.
                        Correct, and I originally bought it for that reason.

but, to be honest I'm paranoid about taking the bow apart and me changing something when re-assembling it and not being able to shoot it worth a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                          Correct, and I originally bought it for that reason.

but, to be honest I'm paranoid about taking the bow apart and me changing something when re-assembling it and not being able to shoot it worth a ****.

The only time I take my bow down is when I go on a plane. If I’m in the truck, it stays put together. If I’m going on a long road trip I will unstring it and put it in a bow sock. Taking it apart won’t hurt anything. That’s why it’s made in 3 pieces to start with! You need to have a bow square to check for proper brace height when you reassemble it, but you need a square even if you don’t ever take it apart!

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 10-13-2021, 03:31 PM.

Comment

I have three compound bows and practice with each one and keep them tuned up. They will all hit the bulls eye if I do my part and they are each different (feel & draw). I have them set "mostly" the same DL and DW. I would take any of them to the lease hunting with me with confidence. I am not certain why I have three but I do and I like each one for different reasons. SBXT is smooth to draw, Heli-M is light and fast and my Halon is heavy but fast and accurate. Like I said they all shoot and feel a little different.

Comment

I have two Hoyt Vantage LTD finger bows. Got the second one on Ebay this year in an auction as a backup, but shoots the same as the one I bought new. I set up the draw length on second one one-half an inch longer (at 30), but there is not much difference, and poundage is the same. This way, if I cut a string or break a limb, I am not hung out to dry. These long axle bows are hard to find these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X