Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Highschool kids still buy Class Rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My two oldest had no interest in a class ring.

Comment

Only folks I know that wear any type of school ring are Aggies.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Neither of my daughters cared about it so they didn’t get one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Neither of my sons who've already graduated HS had any interest in a class ring.

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
          The only men wearing rings other than a wedding band are Aggies. :-).

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          Only folks I know that wear any type of school ring are Aggies.
          It's funny reading this. The only time I've ever seen a class ring was when I found an A&M ring in the locker room floor at the gym. I left a note with the gym staff that I found a ring and to call if anyone's looking for one, no way was I leaving something that expensive with a random front desk employee. The guy called me a week later and I met up with him and returned the ring, he didn't even say thanks. I remember looking at the ring at work wondering how anyone could actually wear that wad of metal on their hand all day. Those things are huge.
          Last edited by justletmein; 10-01-2021, 01:45 PM.

Comment

My boy didn't want one. Daughter did and it has been in a box in her drawer since she got it.

Comment

Originally posted by WRasco View Post
              Have not seen my HS ring in years.
              Aggies are keeping the ring tradition alive though, my daughter and her husband have them and it is amazing the recognition they get. (From other cult members)
              Now that’s funny!

Comment

Must be a mom thing. I remember my mom was ticked off when I told her I didn’t order my HS ring. She actually went to the school and got them to let her put in an order after the fact so I could get one. I think she still has it put up somewhere.
                I wanted my college ring and wear it everyday.

Comment

Senior class sponsor here. I advise them to pass on the ring and most do. A few parents insist so a few actually end up ordering them. Complete waste of $$

Comment

I didn’t want one in high school because wanted one when I graduated from college. I got one but never wear rings on my fingers. My son didn’t want one in high school but can’t wait to get his Aggie ring. My daughter is junior in high school and said didn’t want one.

Comment

I didnt get a high school or college ring. Just wasnt important to me in 2002 and 2008. I didn't feel like graduating either one is any sort of accomplishment. I dont know anyone that wears their HS ring after they left HS.

Comment

Class rings were a big deal when I graduated in 1980. Never wore mine after high school and lost it somewhere along the way.
                        Today, nobody gets them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Mines white gold, I’m thinking of melting it down and getting something else made out of it…

Comment

I teach at a high school. I'd say about half order a ring or some piece of class jewlery. My son graduated in 18 and had zero interest in a class ring, so we didnt buy one. When I was in school, graduated hs in 86, everyone had one and I wore it until graduation, but not after.

Now, my Aggie ring never leaves my finger. In fact, I couldn't get it off now if I wanted to without having it cut off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                              It's not nearly as popular with HS students as it was when I was a senior. When I was in school everyone pretty much bought a senior ring. Now very few kids buy them. You can't thump a fish on the top of the head with one anymore without getting booted out of school so what's the point?
                              I pictured you thumping a trout on the head with a ring until I realized you meant a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
                                Mines white gold, I’m thinking of melting it down and getting something else made out of it…
                                that's what i did....

Comment

Working...
                                X