Can trigger be cleaned up…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can trigger be cleaned up…

On a CVA scout/hunter single shot? Can it be DIY?

That thing has a horrible trigger. On the other hand, the CVA Scout V2 has a great trigger. I was shopping them side by side and after squeezing the trigger on the hunter I put it down. I think any decent gun smith can clean it up but not sure about DIY. Maybe try youtube?

Comment

Most likely yes, it can be polished up some, that should make a difference on the trigger. Now, if you have no experience doing so, I would take it to a gun smith.
      There should not be much to the job, mostly experience. I would not think it would cost much, to get done.

Comment

Anyone that brings a production gun to me gets the same statement. If you’re willing and able to spend a little more money, please put an aftermarket trigger on your gun. Even if it’s a $125 triggertech, it’s still probably better than what you have now.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
          Anyone that brings a production gun to me gets the same statement. If you’re willing and able to spend a little more money, please put an aftermarket trigger on your gun. Even if it’s a $125 triggertech, it’s still probably better than what you have now.
          Most likely the trigger in those guns, is going to be very similar to a revolver. So most likely there is not going to be a aftermarket trigger.

It will most likely need a good gunsmith to do a polish job. The reason I say a good gunsmith, is the trigger and hammer sears can be damaged by removing more metal from one side than the other. If you work one you need to make sure you keep the trigger and hammer sears square on both sides.

I say most likely, because I know those guns have a hammer you cock like a revolver. I just bought a Savage Model 24, which is very similar in design. The whole trigger mechanism in the gun, consists of the trigger, with a sear on the front end of the trigger. Return spring for the trigger. Then the hammer with a sear on the hammer. Very simple system. The Savage Model 24, is simpler that most revolver triggers, but similar in design.

Comment

Working...
          X