Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On-going situation at our ranch in Camp Wood....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted this a few months ago, but I guess it bears repeating. My brother was in Uvalde a few months back and ran into a DPS officer that he knows. In talking to him, he warned my brother to be on the lookout, as almost daily they were having people kidnapped or carjacked by cartel guys. They would try to get you to stop on a rural road by waving you down or blocking the road, then they would jump the driver and steal the truck to haul the drugs into San Antonio or some other major drop off point. My brother builds ranch roads for a living in the hill country, so he's diving back roads alone all the time. The same DPS officer showed my brother a phone app that the cartels had been using. It was mapping software. On it was a dot for every rural dwelling in South Texas, including every hunting camp. There were three colors for the dots, red, yellow, or green. Green was for dwellings that were generally unoccupied and which could be used as safehouses or stop overs during smuggling trips. Yellow was a building that was sometimes occupied or more difficult to get into, and red was for those places to avoid. Our camp was red, but one of the camps near us was yellow, and the other was green. The one that was green is the one that they had come from when they came after my brother. It sits about 125 yards from our barndominium. If you have a hunting camp in South Texas, it's very likely on this app. Obviously, if your camp is red, you are there alone, and you have something that they want, like a truck or UTV, you could still be victimized. My guess is that, once the general deer season starts, they will be a little more cautious when they come through, but, in the current climate, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
      I posted this a few months ago, but I guess it bears repeating. My brother was in Uvalde a few months back and ran into a DPS officer that he knows. In talking to him, he warned my brother to be on the lookout, as almost daily they were having people kidnapped or carjacked by cartel guys. They would try to get you to stop on a rural road by waving you down or blocking the road, then they would jump the driver and steal the truck to haul the drugs into San Antonio or some other major drop off point. My brother builds ranch roads for a living in the hill country, so he's diving back roads alone all the time. The same DPS officer showed my brother a phone app that the cartels had been using. It was mapping software. On it was a dot for every rural dwelling in South Texas, including every hunting camp. There were three colors for the dots, red, yellow, or green. Green was for dwellings that were generally unoccupied and which could be used as safehouses or stop overs during smuggling trips. Yellow was a building that was sometimes occupied or more difficult to get into, and red was for those places to avoid. Our camp was red, but one of the camps near us was yellow, and the other was green. The one that was green is the one that they had come from when they came after my brother. It sits about 125 yards from our barndominium. If you have a hunting camp in South Texas, it's very likely on this app. Obviously, if your camp is red, you are there alone, and you have something that they want, like a truck or UTV, you could still be victimized. My guess is that, once the general deer season starts, they will be a little more cautious when they come through, but, in the current climate, who knows?
      Any idea what the app is called?

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
        Any idea what the app is called?
        My understanding is that its a private app that the cartels had somebody design for them.

Comment

I’m willing to bet by mid October the first reports of “real issues at the border” we’ll hear from the white house will be Texans shooting illegal immigrants. That area is about to be covered up with armed citizens, and this exact situation will probably happen multiple times with different endings. Sorry to hear about the situation but glad your brother is okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
            Guess I would rather have our East TX. Meth heads.
            S.S.S.
            Yes, the meth heads aren't a protected species.

Comment

Who has a big gut pile going?

Comment

The media will string up the first person that shoots one of these "nice innocent immigrants" and ruin their life.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Biden will have DOJ do a hate crime investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                    I’m willing to bet by mid October the first reports of “real issues at the border” we’ll hear from the white house will be Texans shooting illegal immigrants. That area is about to be covered up with armed citizens, and this exact situation will probably happen multiple times with different endings. Sorry to hear about the situation but glad your brother is okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    and SURE to be posed on TBH, doh

Comment

Hunting season will be interesting this year. Hoping those of you in these areas stay safe and are not put in a situation that you may have to decide to shoot or not.

Comment

Any word on the situation around sonora. West of town close to I 10

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                          Hunting season will be interesting this year. Hoping those of you in these areas stay safe and are not put in a situation that you may have to decide to shoot or not.
                          ^This^
                          Stay Safe

Comment

Wife: “Honey? What’s this 40,000 dollar charge for a backhoe on our credit card? Did we get hacked?”

Husband: “no dear, that’s mine”.

Wife: “ how in the world can you justify buying a backhoe?”

Husband: “hunting equipment dear. Now would you please go make me a sammich?”

Comment

We're doing our helicopter surveys now and the illegal numbers are amazing. We had hunts ruined every weekend last season, this year the traffic is 10X+. We've had multiple break ins and caught 1 guy red handed. Maverick County Sheriff's office wouldn't even come out because he was a Mexican national. Said the judge would throw out the case no matter the crime and they didn't want to do the paperwork. Border Patrol took the guy but they're catch and release only. The BP check station on HWY 57 is unmanned, the day after the no fly zone was issued for the river. Who knows what's come across that border and is streaming into our country. We've been sold out and our national security has never been weaker.

Our season opens this weekend and I'm not looking forward to it for 1st time ever.

Comment

Guy's It's not just those areas If you hunt in or around Victoria or Goliad counties be aware things are heating up. My place in Goliad got hit a couple times in the last few months. My place in Victoria got hit 3 month ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X