ASF stand and fill protein feeder issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASF stand and fill protein feeder issue

So I screwed up. For 15+ years I’ve run Sweeney corn feeders and have never had a single issue. Last year I bought some 1,000 lb stand and fill protein feeders. No issues at all.

Filled feeders yesterday and screwed up. I didn’t check the motor to make sure it was operable before I filled the feeder. All of my others worked great. Battery and timer are good to go. When I hit test it gives the countdown and acts like it should be working but nothing happens.

So am I just stuck with having to scoop out a 1,000 lb feeder by hand so that I can get down to the motor??

Make sure the set screw that tightens against the motor spindle is tight. If that comes loose, nothing will happen to the corn. Ah heck...probably not your issue....but maybe!

Comment

Try a fresh battery. If that doesn’t work, try a new timer.

I bought a game winner stand and fill a couple years ago. The timer it came with would not spin the motor. It ran and did everything on the screen like it should but didn’t spin. Put The Timer on it and it runs great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Drop the feeder (have a friend do it if it helps ). Stick a sock in spout. Fix the problem. Return. Shouldn’t be to bad.

Comment

Did you hook up the wire to the motor? Only asking because I didn't, but it's an easy fix.

Comment

I had to replace a motor on one of my ASF 600# stand and fill protein feeder model last year. Same issue.....timer worked, but motor didn't spin. There's a little door underneath the feeder that has the motor inside. Access it without dumping corn. Lay down on the ground underneath the feeder and look up.

Comment

O protein feeder. Didn’t read that. Tuned in

Comment

When that happened to me it was the timer. Although it appears to be working it doesn’t actually trigger the motor to spin. I replaced the timer for $60 and all was well.

Comment

Check the moter via the bottom door cover underneath the feeder funnel/troughs. it will be covered with galvanized metal secured with two wing nuts. Check voltage with voltmeter when timer is signaling the motor to spin, then go from there.

Comment

Sounds like maybe change the battery out. That’s what mine does when the battery is weak

Comment

Thanks guys. I was unaware that there is an access point on the bottom. Appreciate it!

Comment

I literally had the same exact thing happen on my 600lb yesterday.

Comment

some timers have a fuse.....one of mine did the same thing last week, clicked and appeared to send a signal to the motor, but nothing was happening.... changed out the batteries in the timer, then put in a new fuse..... problem solved....good luck

Comment

use gorilla tape to cover the feed spout. then fix the problem, whatever it may be, and remove the tape. I have had to do this a few times in the past. Gorilla tape is way stronger than duct tape and will hold much longer. 1 time, I needed to replace a motor. Taped it up and left. I came back a week later and the tape was still there holding the feed. Did the repair and removed the tape. Way easier that scooping buckets of feed out.

Comment

Yep this ^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X